Anyone else concerned?

but my point is, if some are to be believed, we may have lost Isco because of the fee.

Again, I can't see us spending big money on a striker of equal quality to Tevez or Balotelli.

So we're looking for players not as good as we had, that means losing momentum. That's why we lost the title last year.

Gone so far:

Tevez
Balotelli
Kolo
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Lolarov (very likely)

None of them worth keeping if you look it at it from a purely business perspective.

Keeping this category of player would prevent us moving for others. I'm sure most of us remember the 'got to get rid of the deadwood first' drama of last summer's window.

I'm glad and impressed we have had the sense and balls to move these players on early doors.

What a lot of you are now used to is the club spending huge sums on huge names. It has warped your sense of reality and left you needing your shiny new 'names'.

We are a business operating under constraints and therefore simply have to be much more frugal and subtle in our dealings.

Yes, 6 players have gone, but 2 excellent players have arrived to plug some of the gaping gaps that let us down so cruelly last seaon.

It wont end there. There will be more players. But these will be anchored in realism not the fantasy of seasons gone by.

Concerned?

Not at all.

Excited?

Fuck yeah.

Forzacitizens said:
but my point is, if some are to be believed, we may have lost Isco because of the fee.

Again, I can't see us spending big money on a striker of equal quality to Tevez or Balotelli.

So we're looking for players not as good as we had, that means losing momentum. That's why we lost the title last year.

You are making a lot of guesses there, I think the tactics and man management had a lot to do with last season, and you really don't know what is going to happen your just flapping

Forzacitizens said:

If who are to be believed? He hasn't chosen some shit tip over us, he's chosen the biggest club in the world. I'm looking at it like that rather than any money issue.

Ducado said:
Marvin said:
Ducado said:
Not in the slightest, we have a good set of players and with the two signings we have strengthened where we needed too, we also have a new manager who may be get more out of the team than the last manager did.

In many way some of us have become like spoilt children, we want that player because he has performed in X team, however the art of running a club is to scout out the unknown players who have the potential, some of us seem hooked on buying, we did at one time because we needed to, we don't need to now

Plenty of other clubs manage to scout out top talent, I can't see why we can't
I can't think of any Premiership clubs who have a good record of bringing in young players from abroad (waste of time looking in England as the coaching system generates Andy Carrolls, and Cattermoles). Pressure and loads of money means clubs go for sure thing.

When it comes down to it, would you really want City to take a risk with a 20 yr old from Portugal 2nd division or a £40m buy from the Champions League when we're up against Man Utd and Chelsea for the title next season

You can have buy such players when you're in Barcelona's and bayern Munich's position

I disagree the landscape is changing
I see it as getting more short term than ever - club's may have ideals and strategies and commitments, but when it comes to the 1st team, it's this season. and the pressure to deliver will only grow.

City seem to have opted for star buys for the 1st team, and buys for the Academy. That's probably the best compromise

If Pellegrini wins nothing next season, he will be under huge pressure. just like Moyes and Mourinho

We spent £30 mill on Fernandinho and so I have no worries about the club's intentions but I hope we get our strategy right this time because last Summer was a fiasco and we paid the price for that. With Tevez and Mario gone, we must be planning to bring in a top class striker now. It would be weird not to. Shirley.

sam-caddick said:
FFP in my opinion.

Until we start to break even I can't see us spending like we have done in the past.

Then why the fuck did we spend 40m on unknown quantity like Fernandinho who everyone is orgasming about because he had a handful of good CL performances but for some reason was never picked up by anyone else despite his age?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.