Stoned Rose said:
Gone so far:

Tevez
Balotelli
Kolo
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Lolarov (very likely)

None of them worth keeping if you look it at it from a purely business perspective.

Keeping this category of player would prevent us moving for others. I'm sure most of us remember the 'got to get rid of the deadwood first' drama of last summer's window.

I'm glad and impressed we have had the sense and balls to move these players on early doors.

What a lot of you are now used to is the club spending huge sums on huge names. It has warped your sense of reality and left you needing your shiny new 'names'.

We are a business operating under constraints and therefore simply have to be much more frugal and subtle in our dealings.

Yes, 6 players have gone, but 2 excellent players have arrived to plug some of the gaping gaps that let us down so cruelly last seaon.

It wont end there. There will be more players. But these will be anchored in realism not the fantasy of seasons gone by.

Concerned?

Not at all.

Excited?

Fuck yeah.

How does this theory fit with paying thirty million plus for a 28 year old and giving Yaya another huge pay rise?

Yaya world class

Fernandinho a vast improvement in the position he will play to what we had.

I'm just glad some of the flappers on here aren't in charge of our transfer policy. To quote Pellegrini, we'd end up with a squad of guitarists and no pianists. The only players coming into City will be the right players for the what we consider to be the appropriate fees and wages. The days of City being bent over for top prices for crap players are long gone.

Pam said:
Stoned Rose said:
Gone so far:

Tevez
Balotelli
Kolo
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Lolarov (very likely)

None of them worth keeping if you look it at it from a purely business perspective.

Keeping this category of player would prevent us moving for others. I'm sure most of us remember the 'got to get rid of the deadwood first' drama of last summer's window.

I'm glad and impressed we have had the sense and balls to move these players on early doors.

What a lot of you are now used to is the club spending huge sums on huge names. It has warped your sense of reality and left you needing your shiny new 'names'.

We are a business operating under constraints and therefore simply have to be much more frugal and subtle in our dealings.

Yes, 6 players have gone, but 2 excellent players have arrived to plug some of the gaping gaps that let us down so cruelly last seaon.

It wont end there. There will be more players. But these will be anchored in realism not the fantasy of seasons gone by.

Concerned?

Not at all.

Excited?

Fuck yeah.

How does this theory fit with paying thirty million plus for a 28 year old and giving Yaya another huge pay rise?

1. Not sure if Yaya has had a huge pay rise - please direct me to your source.

2. The price we paid for Fernandinho has been a subject of some debate but let's say it was 30m (your figure) - The transfer fees received for Tevez and Balotelli (2 players who didn't want to stay) amounts to £30m. Broken even already there Pam. 2 disinterested players out whilst one with a world cup place to play for who was desperate to come here in.

I will be concerned if we don't get a replacement for Tevez, who is at least as good as him.

Last year we missed out on Van Persie because we couldn't offload a striker to free up space. This year we sell one and everyone is flapping as we haven't got a replacement in before we sold a striker. Someone is lined up and I am sure we won't be disappointed.

Our owners are not in business to lose money they want to make money!

I think we might just buy Villa and that's that for our spending plus Navas and Fernandino that's good Business

Not concerned at all (unless we buy Pepe - which really would be a disaster).

YaYa's wages only go up if we are successful - otherwise they drop a bit. We are only paying for success going forward.

GXCity said:
Last year we missed out on Van Persie because we couldn't offload a striker to free up space. This year we sell one and everyone is flapping as we haven't got a replacement in before we sold a striker. Someone is lined up and I am sure we won't be disappointed.

Last year we missed out on Van Persie because we couldn't offload a striker to free up space. This year we sell one and everyone is flapping as we haven't got a replacement in before we sold a striker.

This is how some on Blue Moan roll mate. Never, ever satisfied.

paying £30 million for Fernandinho shows the club are still willing to pay the big bucks, although it also shows they are still willing to be ripped off for average players whom we wont be able to sell in 2 years time for more than 5 million. We will either get a new striker or left winger. We have already missed out on cavani&falcao so are now looking around second tier strikers. probably could pick up someone like Soldado for £30m~

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.