Anyone else feeling a bit nervous about Mancini's signings?

Didsbury Dave said:
I think he's looking at not spending much and strictly for the short term.

Make of that what you will.....

Same here, that rumour about Mancini only being short term will have legs.

Viera signed to do a job...not the player he was but different to what weve got. he wont play every game and hes on a free....I think good signing

Why can't people get it into their heads that these are short term signings to help us get into the top four and worry about the rest later. Amongst other things, this means building on a good squad and not listening to people who make stupid remarks like "Viera isn't any better than players we already have". Why is that remotely the point in this situation?. He wasn't bought to be better, he was bought to give us options and cover.

Not in the slightest. Any signing can be hit or miss despite what they have done in the past, but I'm damn sure Bobby knows a hell of a lot more than any of us backseat managers do.

Trust.

For me he has been brought in for his experience in been able to steady the ship during games which we have been guilty of throwing away, he will be able to show composure and a calm head while we are under pressure. I think if we had this experience from the start of the season we may have seen out a couple of thoes draws.

You never usually see that much action from any club in Jan, do you?

We needed those additions last Jan IMO, this year not so much. Players will be back son from injry/ACON or whatever. We're still in a fine position to attack 4th spot.

Signings wasn't the problem, motivation was. Mancin's early work is positiv. Trust him for the time being, he's the manager.

I think Roberto is a genius and if thinks Veria is worth while signing thats the end of it ..and time will show what a wise clever move it turned out to be.Thats the reason he earns millions and most of us earn less than 50 K per year.

GDB said:
You never usually see that much action from any club in Jan, do you?

We needed those additions last Jan IMO, this year not so much. Players will be back son from injry/ACON or whatever. We're still in a fine position to attack 4th spot.

Signings wasn't the problem, motivation was. Mancin's early work is positiv. Trust him for the time being, he's the manager.

Nobody uses the Jan window to build teams for the long term. I've only ever seen it used to help people out of relegation or to help push them towards a Uefa spot or whatever their short term needs are from Jan until the end of the season. I've never seen it used to build teams for the long haul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.