Anyone else going to Oldham next Tuesday?

another generation said:
gazinho said:
Closest pub to our end of the ground is probably the Old Grey Mare which is up the road alongside the hospital and about 100 yards down the road to the left. Alternatively there is the Clayton Green/Arms cant remember which 1 thats near b&q ideal for taking the kids in and they do food.
Cheers, fella. Clayton Green, also named as an away pub. The beer's probably processed gnat's pee, but it's very handy for the ground.
think i will park on the clayton green car park.

Pigeonho said:
another generation said:
gazinho said:
Closest pub to our end of the ground is probably the Old Grey Mare which is up the road alongside the hospital and about 100 yards down the road to the left. Alternatively there is the Clayton Green/Arms.
Cheers, fella. Clayton Green, also named as an away pub. The beer's probably processed gnat's pee, but it's very handy for the ground.
Think Wacky Warehouse.
This one any good? http://footballaway.co.uk/uk/away-friendly-pubs/greyhound-inn. T'other side of ground, off Broadway. Otherwise, sounds like the Old Grey Mare might be the best option, as long as it's not a home pub.

another generation said:
Pigeonho said:
another generation said:
Think Wacky Warehouse.
This one any good? http://footballaway.co.uk/uk/away-friendly-pubs/greyhound-inn. T'other side of ground, off Broadway. Otherwise, sounds like the Old Grey Mare might be the best option, as long as it's not a home pub.
Yeah mate, i'd try that. Probably a 15 minute plod from the ground but it's a proper pub. That Clayton Green needs demolishing unless the service has improved 100 fold. If you don't mind a 20 minute plod, there's a few boozers in Chadderton. Failing that get in the Sportsman and dive on a 24 going up broadway 20 mins before kick off.

Pigeonho said:
another generation said:
Pigeonho said:
Think Wacky Warehouse.
Yeah mate, i'd try that. Probably a 15 minute plod from the ground but it's a proper pub. That Clayton Green needs demolishing unless the service has improved 100 fold. If you don't mind a 20 minute plod, there's a few boozers in Chadderton. Failing that get in the Sportsman and dive on a 24 going up broadway 20 mins before kick off.

The fucking Sportsman Pige??? I had you down as more of a Whitegate man! The Old Grey Mare is a 'home fans' pub but there wont be any mither in there a load of my mates are meeting there at half 6 City and Oldham fans. As for the Clayton Green I had exactly the same experience as you for food Pige but its not bad for a pint and there is a bar area awya from the kids play area.

The Greyhound and Grey Mare are on our side of the ground if that makes your decision any easier mate

gazinho said:
Pigeonho said:
another generation said:

The fucking Sportsman Pige??? I had you down as more of a Whitegate man! The Old Grey Mare is a 'home fans' pub but there wont be any mither in there a load of my mates are meeting there at half 6 City and Oldham fans. As for the Clayton Green I had exactly the same experience as you for food Pige but its not bad for a pint and there is a bar area awya from the kids play area.

The Greyhound and Grey Mare are on our side of the ground if that makes your decision any easier mate
Ha, i've not been in the Sportsman for about 15 years but it's on the way to the ground.
I am indeed a Whitegate man! The steak platter is the dogs bollocks!

Pigeonho said:
gazinho said:
Pigeonho said:

Ha, i've not been in the Sportsman for about 15 years but it's on the way to the ground.
I am indeed a Whitegate man! The steak platter is the dogs bollocks!

Haha I go in the Sportsman once a year on gold cup day there's a bookie who goes in but I can confirm it is still an absolute shit hole full of knob heads.

The Whitegate is my local that steak platter is outstanding accompanied by bottomless chips what more could you possibly want!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.