Anyone famous at your school?

gagiesotherhalf said:
carrconormcfc said:
St Annes in Stockport? Same school as me

The very same, although I left in 87. I'm a creaky old girl now! haha

Knew a lot of the St Annes crowd of 1988 at 6th form college incl big Phil Whelan.

All my high school had to offer was Jimi Mistry - actor from east is east / Eastenders and Paul Gerrard - played for Oldham (scored against rags once) and then got lost up in Scotland somewhere.

I'm another from MGS, so all the people quoted by others further up the thread.

The ones who became famous who were there when I was were all cricketers. Mike Atherton is the best known. He was in the year above me and I remember when he was still a second year so would have been thirteen or so, he was picked for the school first eleven and scored 90-odd not out in his second game against the 18-year-olds. I knew before then that I'd never be a professional sportsman, but that brought home just what a vast difference in talent there was between me and someone who obviously (even then) was going to play at the top level.

Mark Crawley and Gary Yates were in the year above me, too, though they didn't perform quite so spectacularly as Athers. John Crawley, younger brother of Mark, was a couple of years younger than me and did star in the same kind of way, however.

Not much of a claim to fame, but I was in a history set in sixth form with Peter, the middle of the three Crawleys. He was a decent club cricketer but not in the same class as his two brothers, though he played first class cricket for Cambridge University one year while doing a post-grad course there.

This contribution was sponsored by 'Dull Posts While Killing Time Ahead of a Meeting R Us'.

i was in the same class as lee wilkie (dundee utd captain) also some years later the drummer from the view went to my school....

Pride_In_Battle said:
jack said:
Mick Hucknall........... or sheep head as he was known

Been reading through these pages and thought there would be more people from Audenshaw. Don't think there was anyone else other than Mick Hucknall (he was well before my time tho).

One of my lads is there now.

not very exciting but tom adeyemi is 2 years above me (hes 17/18) and is in the first team at norwich, made 8 apps this season

clever as fuck as well

I used to play football with Ryan Thomas at dinner time at high school (aka Jason Grimshaw form Corrie), he's not a massive famous person by all means, but he get's to hug and kiss Michelle Keegan and for me that's good enough, what a lucky bastard! lol

mancityvstoke said:
Carl Valentine..Oldham Athletic..so another no.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Valentine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Valentine</a>

Mr Lewis (Tech Drawing) and Middle school head teacher "TAFFY" Thomas were famous at Wright Robbie in 1976.

2n9z6zr.jpg

LOL I remember Carl

That's a LONG time ago lmao

Lewis was indeed a tw@t and hit me once with a huge wooden T square thing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.