Anyone famous at your school?

I've heard that the old DJ Dave Lee Travis went to my school (Central High) a few years before i did.

And my eldest son was at school in Unsworth (Castlebrook) with Trevor Sinclair.

unsworthblue said:
Swales lives said:
Andy May (MCFC)
Guy Garvey (Elbow)
Giant Haystacks son (not famous, but his dad was)
you must have gone to st peters/monica's.used to play football on heaton park againgst noel r (haystacks son).big skinny lad if i remember rightly.not like his dad in the slightest

I was in Guy Garveys year, I used to get the bus with him.
Jenny Frost from Atomic Kitten was a couple of years below us too.

bluemike said:
Citytillidie69 said:
Noel Gallagher - two years above me

Liam Gallagher - was in first year when I was in 5th year. (Year 7 and year 11 in this "new money/years" busniess)

Mark Lillis was at the same school only ten years or so earlier

Alan Mclaughlin - (ex Portsmouth/Southampton and Republic of Ireland....at same Primary & Secondary school and played footy with him for local team)

Paul Loughran (although it was Paul Ryder at School ????) - Actor that played Butch Dingle in Emmerdale and is now in Blue murder.
You're forgetting me. I went to St Mark's too.

Me too before it changed its name to Barlow High

MANC TRONIX said:
Matty said:
Paul Lake went to my school, left before I arrived though. He came back to take one of my P.E. lessons once.

tommy moore in denno?
i was there for a few years in the 80s. the legend lakey was a couple of years above me though.
games teacher 'dicko' dixon used to wank himself stupid over lakey - basking in the reflected glory. the twat.

I was at Tommy More too.... so how many times did 'dicko' make you run to THAT tree?? And just out of interest - when he was shouting, could you take your eye off that white bit of spit off his bottom lip - that just never seemed to go away?

Swales lives said:
unsworthblue said:
you must have gone to st peters/monica's.used to play football on heaton park againgst noel r (haystacks son).big skinny lad if i remember rightly.not like his dad in the slightest

Yep I was a St Peters Grammar school boy. We used to regularly thrash anyone put in front of us at Heaton Park, including yours (I'm guessing Unsworth Comp/Castlebrook). Can't remember Haystack's real name, he was a right bell-end though.
philips high was my school.i remember one game when you beat us 5-2.only remember it because i scored both our goals.one being a screamer from outside the box.noel rouanne was haystacks lads name i think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.