Anyone going to Abu Dhabi friendly ???

northstander said:
offertonwire, be careful with your 16 year old, my sister lives out there and my niece and friends, 17 at time, were out on town and police raided bar, which they do often, and questioned them, niece only had coke ( drink ! ) her friend had alcohol and lied about her age, locked up for a week, her parents who worked there nearly lost jobs and thrown out of country, so they are quite strict.
Another word of warning is ; if using taxi's avoid the brown cabs, they're run by iraqis,iranians, strict muslims and if they smell alcohol can be arsy and take you to police for no reason. green cabs usually ok, but most of hotels in centre so hopefully not a problem.
i'll be there free accommodation and cheap flight via doha with qatar airlines.

Thanks for the advice Northstander, much appreciated

Now the trip is fast approaching have any of you guys and gals thought it would be a nice gesture to show our appreciation to our Emirati owners in some way, other than just being there, my pick ups a gas guzzler so I do my bit every day, but was thinking maybe a banner or we all wear Tea towels and snake belts, whatever, you get the drift.

locoblu said:
or we all wear Tea towels and snake belts, whatever, you get the drift.
Please don't do this!!!!!!

I think travelling several thousand miles for a reserve friendly will be enough to show him that you're grateful.

Dubai Blue said:
locoblu said:
or we all wear Tea towels and snake belts, whatever, you get the drift.
Please don't do this!!!!!!

I think travelling several thousand miles for a reserve friendly will be enough to show him that you're grateful.
Do`nt panic DB that part was a joke, was just a general thought though and your probably best placed to give an opinion on it, thanks.

I'm in Abu Dhabi for 2 nights 11th & 12th. I've not booked any accom yet as I've just had my flights confirmed.

Does anyone going want to share costs for a room?

Hi there, Matt here from the Endemol team making the film about Manchester City. We're looking for supporters going to Abu Dhabi match who would potentially like to appear on the film. We'd do some filming with you out there at the match/hotel/restaurants etc. and possibly some in Manchester before/after. Have spoken to Dave Scally already and he's let me know he's heading over for it. Hoping to film with Dave but the more supporters out there the merrier (both supporters from UK, and any already out there in Dubia/Abu Dhabi who are going the match) Anyone who might be interested, please drop me an email on matthew.mccann@endemoluk.com with a contact number/email and I'll give you a call about what our plans our for filming out in Abu Dhabi. Hope to speak to you soon, many thanks, Matt

blue b4 the moon said:
I'm in Abu Dhabi for 2 nights 11th & 12th. I've not booked any accom yet as I've just had my flights confirmed.

Does anyone going want to share costs for a room?

Just sent you a PM mate. We got our tickets for the game today, £22 VIP. Get in! Picture of Stevie Ireland on the tickets too!

No, they went on sale at 9am today. Am gutted, my mate got tickets 000001 and 000002...I knew I shouldn't have let him go first! :o)

I booked my flights and accomodation this morning staying in the novotel. Is everybody going for the £22 tickets ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.