Anyone going to Abu Dhabi friendly ???

desperatedon said:
Fanny Fart said:
Is there any hotels available for £50 a night per person? I would love to go to this game but the money it would cost would probably cover all the other away games for the rest of the season!

Yes, try <a class="postlink" href="http://www.booking.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.booking.com</a> Novotel or others.

Safe. My mate gets discounts on novotels as well, rooms there for £90 a night. decision time

I think you can drive from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

I'm gonna book this weeked. A mate found a great apartment on palm island (Dubai), but we couldn't get the 10 people needed to book it for a few days. Probably gonna stay in Dubai, get over to Abu Dhabi for the game then go on to Doha for the England v Brazil game (date TBC)

Dear Bluemoonians,
I am an Emarati local, I live in Dubai an it takes 2 hours to drive to downtown Abu Dhabi. But it takes 90 minutes to drive to Sheikh Zayed Stadium . Sheikh Zayed stadium is the wembley of the emirates ( as it has been built for the national team). It.s Capacity is around 60,000.

If you have any enquiries....Please don't be hesitated to ask....
Regards,
CTID

The Byblos Hotel is currently AED280 a night, which is around 50 quid. It's at the right end of Dubai for getting to Abu Dhabi and is where the Dubai supporters club meets for games (at the Crown & Lion).

The Holiday Inn and The Golden Tulip in Al Barsha (Dubai) are near the Byblos and are around the same price.

Abu Dhabi is about an hour's drive away. About 50 quid in a taxi, which is ok if you can fill it. We'll probably be arranging a coach there and back, so any of you staying in Dubai should get in touch nearer the time and you can join us if there's room.

Emarati*Soccer*Star said:
Dear Bluemoonians,
I am an Emarati local, I live in Dubai an it takes 2 hours to drive to downtown Abu Dhabi. But it takes 90 minutes to drive to Sheikh Zayed Stadium . Sheikh Zayed stadium is the wembley of the emirates ( as it has been built for the national team). It.s Capacity is around 60,000.

Regards,
CTID

Im not gonna hire a car mate, how else can you get from Dubai to the stadium? Is thera train or bus? How uch does it cost?
Cheers

Dubai Blue said:
The Byblos Hotel is currently AED280 a night, which is around 50 quid. It's at the right end of Dubai for getting to Abu Dhabi and is where the Dubai supporters club meets for games (at the Crown & Lion).

The Holiday Inn and The Golden Tulip in Al Barsha (Dubai) are near the Byblos and are around the same price.

Abu Dhabi is about an hour's drive away. About 50 quid in a taxi, which is ok if you can fill it. We'll probably be arranging a coach there and back, so any of you staying in Dubai should get in touch nearer the time and you can join us if there's room.

How much we looking out for a night out DB?

Fanny Fart said:
Emarati*Soccer*Star said:
Dear Bluemoonians,

Regards,
CTID

Im not gonna hire a car mate, how else can you get from Dubai to the stadium? Is thera train or bus? How uch does it cost?
Cheers
unfortunatley there is no train to abu dhabi ...there is a bus and it might cost you around 5 quid but it isnt that good thus it's preferable to hire a car.car hires are price friendly and petroleum is quite cheap in the emirates. chears :)...(there is a tube in dubai but is's only in dubai..nowhere outside the city)

Fanny Fart said:
Dubai Blue said:

4-5 pound a pint, so a normal night out is around 50 quid (without food), although it often goes up to 100 quid when I get carried away!!!

If there's a group of you, you could hire a minibus no problem. The driver will just wait outside the stadium and bring you back to Dubai afterwards. I reckon that would probably be about 100-150 pounds for 8-10 people. Pubs are open til 3am so you'd still have a bit of drinking time left if he got you back for midnight (no boozing on the bus though).

Dubai Blue said:
Fanny Fart said:
4-5 pound a pint, so a normal night out is around 50 quid (without food), although it often goes up to 100 quid when I get carried away!!!

If there's a group of you, you could hire a minibus no problem. The driver will just wait outside the stadium and bring you back to Dubai afterwards. I reckon that would probably be about 100-150 pounds for 8-10 people. Pubs are open til 3am so you'd still have a bit of drinking time left if he got you back for midnight (no boozing on the bus though).

Nice one DB, ive found this website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.asiatraveltips.com/BarsinDubai.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.asiatraveltips.com/BarsinDubai.shtml</a>, saying some bars are charging just over 3 quid for a beer. All sounds pretty reasonable to me

Fanny Fart said:
Dubai Blue said:

Nice one DB, ive found this website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.asiatraveltips.com/BarsinDubai.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.asiatraveltips.com/BarsinDubai.shtml</a>, saying some bars are charging just over 3 quid for a beer. All sounds pretty reasonable to me
That's a very old article. Some of those bars have closed down now and you certainly won't find a beer for 3 quid anymore. 4-5 pounds is the norm nowadays, although there are some very good all you can eat/drink brunch deals on Fridays. Everyone does these on Fridays. Usually 12-4pm to start and then onto another deal elsewhere for 4-7pm. They're great fun and if you make it past 10pm you're doing very well indeed!!!

Overall, Dubai has an unwarranted reputation for being excessively expensive. I was in London last week and Dubai is certainly no more expensive than there for a night out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.