Anyone going to Abu Dhabi friendly ???

I did just look actually, the flight into Abu Dhabi gets in at 3am...no point getting a hotel then is there?!!

Be driving up from Muscat on the day, bout 4 hour drive to either dubai or abu dhabi, not sure where to stay yet.. Sure they'll be other threads closer to time seeing where people are meeting and all that..

got 3 other blues coming out to stay with us so probably be dubai be best option for the night. Abu Dhabi isnt that bad of a night out though, ive had a few there!!

For anyone staying in Dubai I would say Golden Sands is a pretty good shout.. cheap, clean and right in middle of all the hotel bars which are good for a laugh!!

On a side not, where can i buy tickets.. are they selling them on the city website or do i get em from abu dhabi ??

I'm going over on my own but not got any firm dates as yet.

I've noticed that the hotels are the same price for singles and doubles.....If anyone would like to share it would halve the price.

kiran111 said:
My mum and dad are going, will be my mum's first away game. Not a bad one to start on ey??

ctid.
Where are they staying Kiran just out of interest, i`m trying to get a `fix` on where blues are going to be. I`ve booked and paid for my flights now to Abu dhabi, and had a great lead off Desperatedon about the England game in Doha on the saturday, so we`ve got a stop off for eleven hours in Doha on the way home. Any ideas about tickets foe UAE v CITY and Brazil v England anyone. Not booked a hotel yet letting my wife decide tonight, me i`d sleep on the beach :) done that plenty of times interailing in my teens and twenties,,,, ahhh them wurt days. Sheraton/Crowne Plaza look good but maybe too posh for my liking, i want to relax not whisper.

Just booked my flights. Leave Manchester Monday 2pm, arrive Dubai 10am Tuesday (I chose the flight with a 7 hour stop in Doha so I can sleep at their quiet lounge for a few hours (cheaper than a hotel!) and get a shower.

Leave Saturday night at 11pm going back to Manchester. Flights were £297 with Qatar.

I can't help at all with regards to Abu Dhabi as I don't know the place, but for those coming to Dubai, here's a run down on the bars:

Old Dubai (Bur Dubai)
Yesterdays - Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai (Mankhool Road): Traditional English pub
The Music Room – Majestic Hotel (Mankhool Road): Big bar, live rock music, 4 pool tables
Barrels – Majestic Hotel (Mankhool Road): Small, quiet sports bar
Jockeys – Panorama Hotel (Mankhool Road): English pub with an 'interesting' clientele
The Old Vic – Ramada Hotel (Mankhool Road): Traditional English pub
Goodfellas – Regal Plaza Hotel (Mankhool Road): Sports bar
Johnnie's – Sea Shell Inn Hotel (Khaled Bin Waled Street): Small bar with pool tables
Waxy O'Connor's – Ascott Hotel (Khaled Bin Waled Street): Irish pub. A Dubai institution on Fridays. Cheap drinks deals 12-7pm. Very lively. Like walking into a nightclub after 5pm.
The Viceroy – Four Point Sheraton (Khaled Bin Waled Street): Traditional English pub
The George & Dragon – Ambassador Hotel (Al Falah Street): Traditional English pub (very cheap)

(The above are all within walking distance of each other and make for a good pub crawl)

Rock Bottom – Regent Palace Hotel (Trade Centre Road): Bar/Nightclub, lively after 10pm.
The Players' Lounge – Country Club Hotel (Port Rashid Road): Sports bar with live band.
The Mariner's Club - Sea View Hotel (Mina Road): Live Filipino rock band (ACDC etc). 'Interesting' clientele.
The Irish Village – The Aviation Club (Garhoud): Big Irish pub, great food, HUGE beer garden. Very popular.
Chi@The Lodge – Al Nasr Leisure Land (Lamcy): Huge 3,000 capacity open-air nightclub. Indie, Dance, R&B. Very popular, expensive.

Sheikh Zayed Road (City centre, in between old and new Dubai)

Long's Bar – Towers Rotana (SZR): Large English/American bar.
Double Decker – Al Marooj Rotana (SZR): Huge English pub. Very popular on Friday afternoons. Beer garden. Food/drink offers.
Harvester's – Crowne Plaza (SZR): English pub. Home of the rags, so avoid at all costs.
Zinc – Crowne Plaza (SZR): Nightclub popular with Emirates Air Hostesses.
Fibber Magee's - Behind Crowne Plaza (SZR): Cracking Irish pub. Great food and great atmosphere.
The Red Lion – Metropolitan Hotel (SZR): Traditional English pub. Good food. Beer garden.
Rattle Snake – Metropolitan Hotel (SZR): Live music. 'Interesting' clientele.

New Dubai (Barsha, Marina, Palm, Jumeriah)
The Crown & Lion – Byblos Hotel (TECOM – Al Barsha): Large, modern English pub. Loads of big screens (this is where the City Supporters Club meets for games), pool table, dart boards.
Barasti – Le Meridien Mena Seyahi (Marina): Large, modern, open-air beach bar. Very popular. BBQ on Fridays.
The Locker Room – Golden Tulip Hotel (Barsha): Large, dark sports bar. Very cheap all-you-can-eat/drink deal on Fridays from 1pm til late.
Bidi Bondi – Shoreline Building 3-4 (Palm Jumeirah): Aussie-themed sports bar. Large outdoor terrace.
The Underground - Habtoor Grand (Marina): Sports bar. Home of the red bin dippers.

That should be enough to keep all you alcoholics happy. Bars are open midday-3am. Nightclubs are 10pm-3am. I particularly recommend the ones in bold if lively, busy places are you thing. Enjoy.

locoblu said:
kiran111 said:
My mum and dad are going, will be my mum's first away game. Not a bad one to start on ey??

ctid.
Where are they staying Kiran just out of interest, i`m trying to get a `fix` on where blues are going to be. I`ve booked and paid for my flights now to Abu dhabi, and had a great lead off Desperatedon about the England game in Doha on the saturday, so we`ve got a stop off for eleven hours in Doha on the way home. Any ideas about tickets foe UAE v CITY and Brazil v England anyone. Not booked a hotel yet letting my wife decide tonight, me i`d sleep on the beach :) done that plenty of times interailing in my teens and twenties,,,, ahhh them wurt days. Sheraton/Crowne Plaza look good but maybe too posh for my liking, i want to relax not whisper.

They're on the TC Corporate trip, they'll be out there a few days. Haven't got a clue which hotel they are in though.

Really Interested in this as can get flts on qatar for £280 return which is cracking.
Just want to make sure that i can get a ticket for the match.
The Novotel in Abu Dhabi is £85 per twin room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.