Anyone met a famous celebrity and worth a post?

I forgot the Spice Girls too - Geri was quite determined I thought and you could tell she was quite 'professional' about it. I think she saw it as a career in the same way a Barrister would think about their career. You could tell she wanted to be famous. I honestly think she was acting for most of her career.

I said about Posh Spice, maybe she was about to leave or something but she had no personality.

Mel C, Mel B and Emma Bunton were quite 'normal' really and just good fun. They seemed to have a real 'connection' with each other and were a laugh - I wouldn't honestly have put them with Geri/Posh.
I had the misfortune to meet Ginger Spice......

I worked for The Prince's Trust in the 90's and 2000's.
There were regular events the Trust held where celeb ''Ambassadors'' would be in attendance.
One event was at Villa Park and I always volunteered to turn up early to check guests and celebs in - it was a free champagne reception which I wasn't going to miss!
There was a right fuss beforehand because Ginger said she would only turn up if she was sat on the same table as Prince Charles. Charles didn't want her anywhere near him because the last time they met was an event at Manchester Opera House where she broke protocol and kissed him on the cheek. There was a stand off and eventually Ginger was told she could be on Charles' table.
So there I am, signing in folk whose last name begin with letters F to I, checking them in, but more importantly letting them know what table they are sat at.
In swans Ginger and just brushes past everyone like she owned the place.
Me: Excuse me, you have to check in
Ginger: You know who I am
Me: Maybe, but you don't know which table you are sat at

She joins the queue of maybe 4 or so people (clearly pissed off that she has to stand in line with the plebs) and I take forever trying to find their names and give them their table number. Eventually she is at the front and I give her the table number and in she goes.
And then embarrassed herself.
She was giving an award out to some young person who had been unemployed for a while and gone on to do great things with support from the Trust.
She gets up on stage and says she knows what it was like to be unemployed as she was unemployed for 2 years before the Spice Girls. She then turns to Prince Charles and asks ''have you ever been unemployed your highness?''
The place went quiet.... could have heard a pin drop. Then the odd groan.....
As far as I know she was never invited back to any other event.

I had the misfortune to meet Ginger Spice......

I worked for The Prince's Trust in the 90's and 2000's.
There were regular events the Trust held where celeb ''Ambassadors'' would be in attendance.
One event was at Villa Park and I always volunteered to turn up early to check guests and celebs in - it was a free champagne reception which I wasn't going to miss!
There was a right fuss beforehand because Ginger said she would only turn up if she was sat on the same table as Prince Charles. Charles didn't want her anywhere near him because the last time they met was an event at Manchester Opera House where she broke protocol and kissed him on the cheek. There was a stand off and eventually Ginger was told she could be on Charles' table.
So there I am, signing in folk whose last name begin with letters F to I, checking them in, but more importantly letting them know what table they are sat at.
In swans Ginger and just brushes past everyone like she owned the place.
Me: Excuse me, you have to check in
Ginger: You know who I am
Me: Maybe, but you don't know which table you are sat at

She joins the queue of maybe 4 or so people (clearly pissed off that she has to stand in line with the plebs) and I take forever trying to find their names and give them their table number. Eventually she is at the front and I give her the table number and in she goes.
And then embarrassed herself.
She was giving an award out to some young person who had been unemployed for a while and gone on to do great things with support from the Trust.
She gets up on stage and says she knows what it was like to be unemployed as she was unemployed for 2 years before the Spice Girls. She then turns to Prince Charles and asks ''have you ever been unemployed your highness?''
The place went quiet.... could have heard a pin drop. Then the odd groan.....
As far as I know she was never invited back to any other event.
Replying to my own post lol
Of the celebs I also met at these events, Dion Dublin was sound, as was Rio Ferdinand (he was at West Ham then and the event was at the Dome)
And Sophie Raworth from the BBC News was gorgeous!

Just remembered when I was living in Dover in 1989 I had been goonered by P&O for refusing to go back to work in the strike. When it was over I'd lost my seaman's registration and got a job as a deckhand on the hovercraft. This big black Rolls Royce pulled up and a fit blonde and two kids get out followed by....David Essex. We're all a bit shocked. He goes, "Alright lads?" In his cockney accent. Small slim guy. I tell you what those make up people must do a brilliant job as he looks great on the telly but he looked about 70 in real life back then lol.

Last edited:
Boozed with Rachel Johnson and Lloyd Grossman in City Hotel (off London Road approach) after a home game. She was personable, great company; he was too. Thoroughly good evening.

Met:

All the Stranglers (original)
Johnny Rotten
Nick Mason (Floyd)
Mick Jones (Clash)
Kinkladze
Bert Trautmann
Steve Kinsey
Wilko Johnson
Fay Fife (Rezillos)
Tommy Hutchinson
Bobby McDonald
Kit Symons
Peter Swales
Pete Shelley/ Steve Diggle
Jello Biafra
Johnny Marr
Peter Hook
Will Sergeant (Bunnymen)
Bernard Sumner
i guess steve kinsey but at school saw him every day for years
also played with mike milligan who played for oldham and norwich as i think a 8yr old we were 10 obviously head and shoulders above us even at that age

Met:

All the Stranglers (original)
Johnny Rotten
Nick Mason (Floyd)
Mick Jones (Clash)
Kinkladze
Bert Trautmann
Steve Kinsey
Wilko Johnson
Fay Fife (Rezillos)
Tommy Hutchinson
Bobby McDonald
Kit Symons
Peter Swales
Pete Shelley/ Steve Diggle
Jello Biafra
Johnny Marr
Peter Hook
Will Sergeant (Bunnymen)
Bernard Sumner
Hutchison

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.