Anyone met a famous celebrity and worth a post?

In 1987(i think) when we played stoke away on boxing day i was 14 and i went to the game with my dad
He was (is) a huge racing fan and had a big bet on and wanted to watch this race so we stopped at the hotel just off the A500 near stoke and went into reception to ask if they had a tv room , girl on reception said yes and pointed us in the direction , she said there is a bunch of gentlemen already in but to just help ourselves.

When we walked in the gentlemen she mentioned was the entire City squad! Imagine being 14 and walking in to that!!

Paul stewart saw my City scarf and called me over , sat me in between him and david white and chatted to me about the game , about the race that was on. I was star struck!!
The days before mobile phone so no photos and dad always discouraged me from mithering for signatures, so all i have is the memory
I hope you didn’t get underneath Stewart and white to get them to sit on your knee? Sorry totally inappropriate

Back in the early 70s I was working in a “boutique “ on Piccadilly station approach. I walked to the door and there looking in the window was the late great Levi Stubbs, lead singer of the Four Tops. Being a big fan I went to him and invited him in. He was so easy going to talk to, especially for a young 18 year old who was in awe of him. He bought a few things in particular a pretty funky shirt That he raved over. He waved goodbye and off he went.

About three hours later in walked the rest of the group, Abdul Fakir, Obie Benson and Lawrence Payton. They all wanted that shirt !! I was gobsmacked. Fortunately we were able to fix them up. It was an amazing afternoon chatting to them all.

Seems they were staying at the Portland Hotel as they were performed at the Odeon on Oxford Street. No I didn’t try and blag tickets as I was already going to the show with my then girlfriend.
They were appearing alongside The Temptations…..and guess what..

they never came anywhere near the shop. !!

oh and the Tops wore the shirts we sold them on stage in one of their costume changes.

Just remembered , at a conference i danced and sang on stage with edwin starr, it made the end of conference video and was very embarrassing , he was a laugh though

Had a drink at the bar with the one and only Leslie Nielsen.
It was the opening night of the Harley Davidson Café in Las Vegas.
(Cheap Trick were playing in a marquee in the grounds)

Few years ago I bumped into a friend in Est Est Est and her other half (Steve McDonald from Corrie). Ended up back at his playing Mario Kart until 2am!

Met Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson in the Piccadilly hotel after a gig ,theybought us a drink and twiglets, top blokes
Billy Joel but he was a twat
Peter Hook and Caroline Aherne at my brother in laws party.
Arranged a mortgage for Tim Booths then girl friend and spent a couple of hours discussing music with him .
Went to the Americana Music Awards in Nashville met lots of Country Artists including Steve Earle.
Bob Harris a couple of times.
John Fogerty at a party in Beverley Hills.

Peter Swales had a shop next door to our office.
Mike Summerbee top bloke.
Nicky Summerbee so pissed he could hardly talk.
SWP lovely guy
Carlos Tevez could hardly speak English
Used to play 5 aside with Rob Jones after he retired
Cantona when he was on his sabbatical from the kung foo incident ,my Brothers a rag and was too scared to ask for his autograph for his daughter, so I did and told him it wasn’t for me, he stand of French cigarettes.
Met Souness and the other Sky Pundits after we won The EPL in 2014.
Played in a charity football match at Maine Road against various soap stars and ex footballers including the late great Frank Worthington.
Danced with Sue Barker at The Millionaire Club back in the day, didn’t get
to shag her unfortunately.

A couple of classic rock stars amongst others.

Was in a small cafe near Goathland in North Yorkshire a few years back, a very nice Ferrari pulled into the car park and out stepped Brian Johnson from AC/DC, came in, had a coffee and chatted to everyone. Lovely chap.

Bumped into Alice Cooper in the airport lounge at Minneapolis-St Pauls also seemed a thoroughly decent bloke. All just polite conversation, however he does seem to drink an unhealthily large amount of fresh orange juice.

All very non rock and roll.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.