Anyone think the "superstars" won't come?

malg said:
lee-mcfc said:
iv said it over and over again i highly doubt that any of the big profile stars will sign

untill we are in the chumps league.
I would love to see a big name sign for us, but I have reservations and probably agree with your post.

By the way, I know Tevez is a big name, so don't start posting any of that nonsense. I'm, and I believe so is the OP, going on about the Gerrard's, Torres', Di Maria's etc, etc of this world.

bar tevez & ade..
we are talking about the likes of torres,gerrard,ibra,di maria,kaka and so on
i just dont think any of them will sign to city.

more likely to choose the likes of chelsea,real madrid,barca who can offer chumps league.

who needs 'superstars' anyway!!
they are only called superstars because everybody knows them, what about the likes of di maria, goucuff, hamsik, ozil, the list goes on of players not regarded as 'superstars' but could be one day! id rather go for these guys than your gerrards/kakas etc that are 28-30 year olds probably with little or no hunger for the game left.

I could care less if we buy "superstars". Personally, I feel that we need to replace some of the outgoing players (Petrov, Benjani etc.) with better options. That will improve the squad overall and allow for Mancini to bring in some of "his" players. Superstars can upset the balance of a team, team players can enhance a team. I cite Adam Johnson as an example. The reality is that we should be better next season, simply as a result of the players having had the experience of working together this season.

its not abuot getting the "superstars" its about getting the best players possible and if they will come

for instance torres is a top top stiker (one of the best)...but i wouldnt call him a superstar....conversley, beckham was a superstar but wasnt the best right sided midfielder at the time.

Ibra is a superstar but in my mind he is nowhere near the best striker in the world (and i dont care if Mourihno mancini et al think he is)....to me torres, rooney, eto, drogba villa, higuain are all much better and more suited to the prem than Ibra

So yes we will get a "superstar" in Ibra....but is he the best option for the club...in my opinion no he isnt (uness you are talking about selling shirts with his name on it and the media hype that will surrond the transfer

simon23 said:
its not abuot getting the "superstars" its about getting the best players possible and if they will come

for instance torres is a top top stiker (one of the best)...but i wouldnt call him a superstar....conversley, beckham was a superstar but wasnt the best right sided midfielder at the time.

Ibra is a superstar but in my mind he is nowhere near the best striker in the world (and i dont care if Mourihno mancini et al think he is)....to me torres, rooney, eto, drogba villa, higuain are all much better and more suited to the prem than Ibra

So yes we will get a "superstar" in Ibra....but is he the best option for the club...in my opinion no he isnt (uness you are talking about selling shirts with his name on it and the media hype that will surrond the transfer

why are you so convinced we'll get ibra?
for what its worth i dont particularly want him myself but there is nothing to suggest we are deffo in for him.

So yes we will get a "superstar" in Ibra....but is he the best option for the club...in my opinion no he isnt (uness you are talking about selling shirts with his name on it and the media hype that will surrond the transfer[/quote]

if we are going to charge £5 a letter we won't be selling many shirts with his name on thats for sure

i think last season some of the bigger players remained to be convined by 'the project' we flirted with the relegation zone for a bit and ended the season in mide table mediocraty.. positions occupied by the likes of fulham, blackburn, birmingham and stoke (no disrespect)........ this season i think we have proved the project is real... ok we missed out on champions league but came damn close and still finished with out highest postion and points total in the PL...... We also have a manager that some may dislike but has won something at every club he has managed. This summer I can see more players being enticed.. especially with talk of a title challenge.

NSBFL said:
I could care less if we buy "superstars". Personally, I feel that we need to replace some of the outgoing players (Petrov, Benjani etc.) with better options. That will improve the squad overall and allow for Mancini to bring in some of "his" players. Superstars can upset the balance of a team, team players can enhance a team. I cite Adam Johnson as an example. The reality is that we should be better next season, simply as a result of the players having had the experience of working together this season.

This. We already have a first 11 good enough to make the champions league. We just need a few players to strengthen the squad and hopefully they will be young up and coming players. The superstars of tomorrow rather than players who will only have a couple of years left of top class football. I know our owners are minted but we can't expect them to be constantly shelling out on galacticos and it is actually very debatable if that is even a good way to go about building a successful side

I'm not arsed about superstars like most on here I want players that can fit in well with the team we've got, but I have got a feeling about Di Maria.
I also think it's quiet at MCFC cos business is happening way under media radar and some people that think there in the know. For me that's fine, let MCFC do what they've got to do, it's all in the interest of the club and supporters.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO HAPPEN. But it will and I will have to wait.

i find it quite amusing that lots of people think that Kaka and Ibra would be bad signings yet if they were available at a price clubs could afford there would be a massive queue for both.

The difference is we can afford these types of players and if they are at Barca or Madrid there aren't many options open to players they don't want.

This is the reason we will sign a player of this ilk - we didn't get Kaka as RM came in, we might not get Torres or Gerard as RM and Barca might come in. These two clubs can't buy eryone - Rags may be a better pull but do they have the money to buy, Chelsea are probably in the market but probably for one good player.

We need a mix of experience and youth - personally I think Kaka maybe gettable and if he comes others will

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.