Anyone think the "superstars" won't come?

schumey04 said:
The media makes it nearly impossible for a ''superstar'' to come to city along with that little shit Robinho. what we have to get our head around is that city are hated by most clubs now because of the media and anyone who joins us is in it just for the money. If you look at the Kaka situation he was idolised for turning down city so publicly and it was just excepted by the media when he signed for Real.

Most of the media just support the top clubs in each league and frown on any team (unless they have an english manager like twitch) who destabilise the top clubs.

We should be loved by the media cause what other stories have been around for the past 2 years if City hant got money. We are the only team making the premiership attractive at the moment. Liverpool are fooked so are United Arsenal are same, Chelsea are the only other team who can bring superstars to the premiership.

your last paragraph sums it up.
the press are jealous, yes jealous. the vast majority of the london based press are rags, dippers, spuds, arse and chelsea fans. why would they want city to start to win things, we are a threat not just to the top 4 cartel but also to the clubs who they support.
i think its pretty much by the by anyway as its obvious now that spain is going to be attracting all the big stars from now on due to the fact that players have realized this government are creaming all their cash into their greedy coffers.

As somebody has said, after Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Inter, Bayern and perhaps a few others, we are probably the next best proposition. Considorring we haven't won anything in over 3 decades, thats some position to be in. Just imagine what we could be very soon rather than worrying about what we aren't right now and you soon come to think top players will be looking to join some already top players at this club.

We were very close last season. It's not necessarily superstars that will bridge the gap. Team spirit and good players in the right positions are all that's required and Mancini and some investment will ensure that happens.

It would take only a quick look around this forum for you to find a suitable home for the "too much fucking perspective" line, too.

Edit - this was for Stavros.

A season or so after the takeover there was an argument for superstars to transform the image of the club.

We don't need high profile players to convince others to come

alextrueblue said:
I don't care if they do or not! I just want a box to box midfielder and please please a proper left back please.
Two midfielders and two full-backs for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.