Anyone think the "superstars" won't come?

They will come. The question should be will it be the right " Superstar" for us? For example Robbie - probably no. Tevez a definate yes.

Thing is Tevez wouldn't have been classed as a superstar last season to most fans, couldn't get in Rags first team whether he has now acquired that status over last year is open to debate. In respect of Robbie he didn't make it and appears to be on his way out, just hope trying to sign Ibra and Kaka isn't for commercial reasons but football.

C_T_I_D said:
Ibra and Kaká are definately in that category for me. It's types of player who say to people "Look world, we've arrived and this is our proof".
was robinho not one of these so called " superstar " signings

I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't get at least one superstar in, but the balance of the squad is more important. Tevez is a superstar to me, i don't really care what people outside City think of him.

Thaksins Love Child said:
Aside from Barca, Real and maybe Chelsea I think we are the next best place to sign for long term.

Liverpool - where do you start!

Arsenal - good team but will again be weakened this summer by the departure of Fabregas.

Rags - on the decline, mountains of debt, and Baconface expects only 1 addition this summer.

Spurs - in champs league but players do not sign 1 year deals. Will they be in the champs league for the next 2/3 seaons - I doubt it very much.

Italy - poor league when compared to England and Spain, no money in general.

We have the money, we have a very good team already and we have the future.

The media makes it nearly impossible for a ''superstar'' to come to city along with that little shit Robinho. what we have to get our head around is that city are hated by most clubs now because of the media and anyone who joins us is in it just for the money. If you look at the Kaka situation he was idolised for turning down city so publicly and it was just excepted by the media when he signed for Real.

Most of the media just support the top clubs in each league and frown on any team (unless they have an english manager like twitch) who destabilise the top clubs.

We should be loved by the media cause what other stories have been around for the past 2 years if City hant got money. We are the only team making the premiership attractive at the moment. Liverpool are fooked so are United Arsenal are same, Chelsea are the only other team who can bring superstars to the premiership.

We don't need "superstars". We need the next superstars, the young hungry for success players who Mancini can mold into a team. Our biggest failing last season was that we weren't really a team when it mattered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.