Anyone want us to go out of the Europa League on Thursday?

Without wanting to provoke any animosity here (I genuinely come in peace).... but as an outsider (to City) looking in and having watched your last 3 games (Wigan, Kiev and Reading) the biggest boost you can get is winning an away game....

Almost 3 months since the last one (Boxing Day).... in all comps, and whilst you have had some tough ones in the PL (Arsenal, ManU, Villa, Brum) the likes of Leicester, Notts Co, Aris are not exactly world beaters.... with Chelsea, Pool, Everton, Bolton, Blackburn still for you to visit.... this is where you need to improve....

Granted my lot have just taken 1 pt out of 6 from Blackpool and Wolves away, but that was at the back end of a run of 7 away games out of 9..... where we won in Milan, Sunderland, Blackburn, drew at Newcastle and Wolves, lost at Blackpool and Fulham (FA Cup)....

We now have 7 of 10 remaining games at home.....

Wet Spam, WBA, Wigan, Brum, Stoke, Blackpool, Arsenal.... along with City, Chelsea, Pool away.... it will come down to how many take our visit to CoMs out of the equation for a minute, and we could well afford to lose to Arsenal and Pool.... not sure how many more away games you can afford to drop points in with only 4 home games left....

Why didnt we just lose to Timisoara in the first round if we are going to give up now? would of saved me a lot of money and would of given the players this rest.

Fail to see how an athlete cant play 2 games in a week without being tired.

marcspurs said:
Without wanting to provoke any animosity here (I genuinely come in peace).... but as an outsider (to City) looking in and having watched your last 3 games (Wigan, Kiev and Reading) the biggest boost you can get is winning an away game....

Almost 3 months since the last one (Boxing Day).... in all comps, and whilst you have had some tough ones in the PL (Arsenal, ManU, Villa, Brum) the likes of Leicester, Notts Co, Aris are not exactly world beaters.... with Chelsea, Pool, Everton, Bolton, Blackburn still for you to visit.... this is where you need to improve....

Granted my lot have just taken 1 pt out of 6 from Blackpool and Wolves away, but that was at the back end of a run of 7 away games out of 9..... where we won in Milan, Sunderland, Blackburn, drew at Newcastle and Wolves, lost at Blackpool and Fulham (FA Cup)....

Wet Spam, WBA, Wigan, Brum, Stoke, Blackpool, Arsenal.... along with City, Chelsea, Pool away.... it will come down to how many take our visit to CoMs out of the equation for a minute, and we could well afford to lose to Arsenal and Pool.... not sure how many more away games you can afford to drop points in with only 4 home games left....
Good post, and correct, but history does not always point to the future. We won't win away again this season though, if we don't have some decent attacking options, and yesterday, against a team a league below us, we simply didn't attack with any vigour, and we haven't away from home since before christmas for me.

In my opinion we need a major change in attitude, home and away, we're hard to beat, but that is not enough.

marcspurs said:

looking at the way you fail to get a single shot on goal against a poor ACmilan i wouldnt be surprised if you lose all your remaining 10 games.

Christ no! I'm at a wedding on the day of the Saturday semi final. The only way i'll get to go is if we get the Sunday slot on account of us still being in the europa league.

As usual, nobody thinks about the strength of the opposition. Even if we put out our strongest eleven we will NOT beat Dynamo Kiev by three clear goals. Even an honorable but unlikely 3-1 win would put us out. Our failure to get an away goal effectively means that we are already eliminated, simply because Dynamo Kiev are such a powerful team. They hammered Besiktas 4-0 in the second leg of the last round when they were already leading 4-1 from the first leg. Even the Rags would not get past them in our position. Therefore, we should rest our best players for the much more important Chelsea game. Sorry but that is the reality.

lionheart said:
As usual, nobody thinks about the strength of the opposition. Even if we put out our strongest eleven we will NOT beat Dynamo Kiev by three clear goals. Even an honorable but unlikely 3-1 win would put us out. Our failure to get an away goal effectively means that we are already eliminated, simply because Dynamo Kiev are such a powerful team. They hammered Besiktas 4-0 in the second leg of the last round when they were already leading 4-1 from the first leg. Even the Rags would not get past them in our position. Therefore, we should rest our best players for the much more important Chelsea game. Sorry but that is the reality.

Except it's not.

With the squad you've got, you should be more than capable of playing 3 games a week ffs.

Of course it's true that fixture congestion can be detrimental; european hangover and all that, but to want your team to fail in a European competition? I just don't get it, really. Wouldn't mind you pulling through and meeting Porto in a latter round though; think that'd be an amazing game. Villas Boas has worked miracles there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.