Apology to Klatenburg

Ricster said:
de niro said:
this is worth a read if you have'nt seen it already.

<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.soccernet.com/manchestercity/archives/2010/10/clattenburg_gets_it_spectacula.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.soccernet.com/manchesterci ... tacula.php</a>

That is what i was banging on about all day yesterday on this thread.

Rules are rules and you must go by the rule book. Again, it wasn't a red card.

Ric, I understand the passion and emotion of your arguement. However I can guarantee you now that had that icident been reversed, ie Tevez brought down when clean through and he had not been sent off, you and all the other protesters on here quite rightly would have been up in arms.....and I would be with you.

You cannot go back and change the outcome,it has happened. You need to accept and move on. IMO it wasn't even close to being contraversial. Less contraversial than Tevez's first goal against Blackpool, less contrversial than Tevez's penalty against Newcastle.

Let it go.

scorer said:
Ricster said:

Ric, I understand the passion and emotion of your arguement. However I can guarantee you now that had that icident been reversed, ie Tevez brought down when clean through and he had not been sent off, you and all the other protesters on here quite rightly would have been up in arms.....and I would be with you.

You cannot go back and change the outcome,it has happened. You need to accept and move on. IMO it wasn't even close to being contraversial. Less contraversial than Tevez's first goal against Blackpool, less contrversial than Tevez's penalty against Newcastle.

Let it go.

I'll admit, from where Clattenburg was stood and without the help of video replay's that we have had the benefit of seeing it was hard not to send Boyata off. Doesn't make it the right decision though.

not only the mistaken red card and ugly penalty decission,the third goal was a consequence of instant blinding line man.

Ricster said:
scorer said:

Let it go.

I'll admit, from where Clattenburg was stood and without the help of video replay's that we have had the benefit of seeing it was hard not to send Boyata off. Doesn't make it the right decision though.
It does not help that a so called professional referee is 25 yards away from the action with two players in his line of sight.
He gave what he thought was the right decision because in all honesty he could not see. This is true because he did not see fabregas waving an imaginary card 3 feet in front of him.
We should put it to bed now and do the arse at their ground. Show them who really is on the up.

scorer said:
Ricster said:

Let it go.

let it go? i hope clattenburg comes in my shop one day, you'll never see the fucker again.
as for tevez we all know that had it been this ref he would have booked tevez for diving, you need to get real tony, the guys a fucking cheat.

happens way too often to be anything else.

Interesting reading (as a neutral) and having watched the game on Sunday......

Firstly, to all those that think Clattenburg has some hidden agenda against Man City, check your stats.... that is the first time ever you have lost a game with him in charge (something like 16 games he has reffed).... if he has an agenda, that's a strange way of showing it.

As for the decisions, under the current laws of the game, the red card and penalty were correct, there were one or two decisions, yellows (Kompany) and non yellows (Song) that you can argue either way.... on the whole he reffed the game well.... remember he can not please everyone, he did get the big decisions right.

As for Gary and Phil (the Chuckle Brothers) what they have got away with this week-end is nothing short of disgraceful. P Neville avoided a yellow v Spurs on Saturday despite fouling Bale on half a dozen occasions (we had 3 players booked each for their first foul, a straightforward trip, 2 of which on halfway)..... the fouls on Bale were all around the edge of the Everton box.... as for G Neville, what a disgrace that ref is..... irrespective of whether the first foul/challenge was a yellow, it had been shown and the 2nd foul should also have been a yellow and therefore red......

I hope G Neville plays on Saturday v us....... Bale will rip him a new one.....

Just pray we have a decent ref........<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:38 pm --<br /><br />Just found out we have Clattenburg!!!!

The same ref that missed Pedro Mendes shot that was 4 yards over the goal line at OT a few years back... lets hope his eyes are working on Saturday....

Just for the record you have Mike Dean this week-end.....

To Marcspurs - Doesn't matter who the ref is they all bend for Baconface and if you are not given a goal when the ball is half way into the back of the net as happened once to your team then you are whistling in the dark eaxpecting anything from your trip to the swamp.

As you have already stated the twat who didn't see the ball in the back of the scums net was the one and only corrupt Mr. Clattenburg.

To De Niro - Please oh God send Clattenburg to your shop!

Tevez is clean through, Djourou lunges in and takes him clean out. It's a foul, no doubt in anyones mind, there's no other defender within yards so Djourou is clearly the last man, the ball goes flying away from the challenge and into Fabianski's arms. Every single City fan in the stadium is up in arms, demanding a red card, it's the only decision the ref can make, it's a clear goal scoring opportunity, the ref sends off Djourou. After the game an Arsenal fan comes on Bluemoon and claims it WASN'T a sending off, that Tevez wouldn't have reached the ball, what's the reaction? 99.9% of people on Bluemoon will slate the Arsenal fan, claiming of course Tevez would have reached it, that he would undoubtedly have got a shot off and, on current form, he'd have likely scored. What's the difference between that situation and the Boyata one? The colour of the shirts, that's it. Those suggesting it wasn't a red card need to realise that, on occasion, a decision can go against City and yet still be the right decision.

Whether Chamakh would have reached the ball will always be a subjective issue, he wasn't given the chance to do so by Boyata so it will always be, at best, a matter of opinion whether he would have reached it or not, there are no FACTS in this. Watching replays over and over again and trying to extrapolate the speed of the ball, the (assumed) speed Chamakh would have run, the speed Hart came off his line, and coming to a decision isn't ever going to be conclusive, so to say Clattenburg was wrong to send him off is incorrect. If "in the referees opinion" a clear goalscoring opportunity was prevented then a red card was the only possible outcome.

I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this..... but did you notice that Clattenburg was wearing virtually identical kit to Joe Hart????

Surely it is the referee's responsibility to ensure that all kit is correct and hence Clattenburg should have changed strip? (or asked Joe to change strip)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.