Apology to the club

The ban and fine are OTT but unfortunately you are a victim of the current climate.

Players are getting attacked by fans entering the pitch when they shouldn’t and the length of ban and fine I would imagine would make others to think twice in the future.

What you earn shouldn’t matter!

I know it does FOR EVERYTHING in the UK, but that’s bollocks!
So; you'd be in favour of someone working in a firm of stockbrokers, earning 100k+, paying the same fine, for the same offence, as someone working in a fast food outlet on the minimum wage? Not having a go, by the way, or looking for an argument. You're not the only person on here with that opinion.

He just chose the wrong time to run onto the pitch, with every Tom Dick and Harry up in arms about it. The fa and the courts will be doing everything in their power to clamp down on it, so examples will be set. I'd definitely appeal the fine. That loon who headbutted Billy Sharpe was only fined £500. He did get 24 weeks in prison and a 10 year banning order but no way is what you did anywhere near as serious.

Exactly this. In the context of what happened with Patrick Vieira, and the Everton invasion, I'm pretty sure they're making an example of him. They don't want copycat invasions going on. Another one in France, at Saint-Etienne, the other day, when they got relegated, as it happens.
Bad timing, to be fair. A moment of madness, that he's now going to spend a long time regretting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.