Apology to the club

Were you not offered a duty solicitor? Apparently you are entitled to one for free according to the Government website and the legal websites?
They did, however I just wanted to state my own case and give them honesty. Never having to do anything like this previously I went in blind.

Foolish now looking back in hindsight but you live and learn.

They did, however I just wanted to state my own case and give them honesty. Never having to do anything like this previously I went in blind.

Foolish now looking back in hindsight but you live and learn.
I doubt it would have made a significant difference actually.

As pointed out previously, a football banning order has to be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 years for a non custodial sentence and between 6 & 10 years for an immediate custodial one. You were always going to get a ban so the best it would have been was 3 years. The fine might have been a bit less but again not significantly in my view. If the club decide to impose a separate longer ban then it's fairly academic anyway.

You will have to take it on the chin and move on.

It's important to note that the bold bits are incorrect.

Legal representation is a human right and is therefore free to the defendant.

You can pay for representation too, but you don't have to. There is no situation where a defendant in a UK court of law should not take up the offer of free representation - it's toe-curlingly foolish!

I was given some very good advice about 40 years ago... Always try to have £1000 readily available to you, as you never know when you'll need a new boiler or a good solicitor.

There's no such thing as a free lunch - I've found in life that you get what you pay for.

I can only think that the lad involved thought that the court would be at leat reasonable, given that he accepted the charge against him. That was his mistake. The judiciary in this country is an ass... Probably an ass that reads the Daily Mail.

Apparently I taunted the players and fans, utter bollocks. I was merely in the moment.

It's an absolute joke this, it's slander.
The court don't have blue shirts on or care about football emotions unfortunately.

-
A general fan see's this as harmless.The prosecuting peeps will see the bit after the celebration as the steward (who is just doing his job) getting flattened by you unecessarily.

At 19 seconds on this video, it does look like you turn to Villa's fans and then the keeper. Again, fans will see that as giving a bit back for a) the shit they gave us and jack a few mins earlier and b) that time wasting. The authorities see it as inciting crowds. Say 10 villa fans breach the stewards to go after you and scenes could turn really sour and bring what was a great day into real chaos.

I'd say keep yourself mentally right, it's easy to let something like this get to you especially with the pile-on's on social media. You won't have a hope in hell of going down the slander/appeal route. You've apologised, accepted it was heat of the moment stuff and taken the punishment. Whilst you are not happy with the punishment for all you know that might be lenient for your honesty and personally I'd draw a line on it if you have a family, they'll want to move on to I bet.

Look at the postives, you've signed out for a few years on a high. :P

Thanks mate for the advice.

It's the cost more than anything. Of course I want to fight it, if anything to clear my name but the cost to me wouldn't add up to fight it. Have kids and to be honest I'd rather the money be spent on them.

Like you say I've been painted as some type of anti-christ, the videos are clear to see on the Internet on YouTube, twitter etc and people can make their own mind up.

It's not even about the ban or the fine, I accept them and will adhere to them.

It's how I have been perceived and made out to be.
Mate don't let it bother you. You made a mistake and owned up to it. You've been punished and now you take your licks, and at the end are considered by society rehabilitated. Those who know you and care about you will respect that you took it on the chin. You only ran on the football pitch, it's a minor incident. We all fuck up at times, sadly you did it at a time when there literally couldn't have been more eyes and coppers watching you do it!

It's already chippy fodder. Outside of this thread no one cares anymore.

I think you've handled it well, you took it like a man. Don't worry about what joe bloggs thinks. Think about what example you have set your kids (you made a mistake; but you fronted it up; too much alcohol is bad; MCFC can be bad for your health).

Much love, none of this will define you. See you in four years, in the meantime you can save some money and make some more great memories with your family.

The court don't have blue shirts on or care about football emotions unfortunately.

-
A general fan see's this as harmless.The prosecuting peeps will see the bit after the celebration as the steward (who is just doing his job) getting flattened by you unecessarily.

At 19 seconds on this video, it does look like you turn to Villa's fans and then the keeper. Again, fans will see that as giving a bit back for a) the shit they gave us and jack a few mins earlier and b) that time wasting. The authorities see it as inciting crowds. Say 10 villa fans breach the stewards to go after you and scenes could turn really sour and bring what was a great day into real chaos.

I'd say keep yourself mentally right, it's easy to let something like this get to you especially with the pile-on's on social media. You won't have a hope in hell of going down the slander/appeal route. You've apologised, accepted it was heat of the moment stuff and taken the punishment. Whilst you are not happy with the punishment for all you know that might be lenient for your honesty and personally I'd draw a line on it if you have a family, they'll want to move on to I bet.

Look at the postives, you've signed out for a few years on a high. :P

Slightly off topic but this is a great angle of Foden celberating he really didn’t know what to do with himself

Here's the court report. I've deleted Meldrews name in case he doesn't want it printed here. The woman chair went totally over the top, load of bollocks. The report also says it was after the game which is wrong. I think she thought he was the bloke who clipped the goalie.

A Manchester City fan who ran onto the pitch and taunted Aston Villa keeper Robin Olsen on the final day of the season at Etihad Stadium has received a four-year football banning order.***
from Salford, approached Olsen after City beat Villa to seal the Premier League title, Manchester Magistrates' Court heard.
Prosecutor Nick Smart said * *** had also provoked the away team's fans.

He added the behaviour "encourages others to act in a similar fashion".

****, of ******* pleaded guilty to going onto a playing area at a football match without lawful authority or excuse. He was also ordered to pay a fine and costs totalling £795.

The prosecutor said there had been a marked increase in pitch invasions in the UK since the pandemic.

Representing himself in court, **** told the magistrates: "It was a stupid act and something I regretted immediately.

"To me, it was fuelled by alcohol. The following Monday I sought out someone from the club and sent an apology by email. I also apologised on one of the City forums.

"It was a moment of madness. Pure elation. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I have been going to City for 20-odd years, I'm a season ticket holder and I've never been on the pitch before."

City secured their fourth title in five seasons in dramatic fashion last month after coming from two goals down with 14 minutes remaining to win 3-2 and pip rivals Liverpool to the trophy.

After the final whistle blew, thousands of fans spilled onto the pitch to celebrate while both sets of players were still present.

Chair of the bench Wallace Johnson said to the defendant while imposing the ban: "What you did was deliberate and flagrant.

"You deliberately targeted the Aston Villa players on the pitch. You caused distress and alarm to the players on the pitch, the match officials, the stewards, the fans in the stadium and those watching at home."

Inquiries are ongoing into a reported assault on goalkeeper Olsen during the mass pitch invasion
Whatever the rights and wrongs of actually going on the pitch, that's a judgement that would make me question the magistrates' ability to assess the seriousness and impact of offences.

Anyone pleading guilty has the right to expect competence from those who sit in judgement. Did they actually watch the video?

Slightly off topic but this is a great angle of Foden celberating he really didn’t know what to do with himself
Staying off topic briefly, it's hard to remember that Phil was 11 for the Aguero moment, and was going to "see nothing like it ever again" until that moment, when he's part of it, little wonder he didn't know what to do.

As for @meldrew moment of madness and all that, but there was some sound advice here before you got to court, you should have taken some of it. I'm sorry it's turned out bad for you but ignore the gutter press comments, they were gone moments after they were printed and are irrelevant to you. You and your family know the reality, that is all that matters, you'll have to suck it up sadly, and the club could well go worse on you ban wise, I hope they don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.