Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

I was just thinking as I wrote that last night that it was the last time away fans were stood on that terrace. I've got the match programme somewhere and remember reading a feature about it on the coach home. If I'm not mistaken, work on demolishing the terrace was to begin the very next morning.

Yeah i think it was the next day mate, i was gutted to have missed standing on that terrace that night.
After that away fans were given the east upper tier in the corner, quite a few away fans swerved it because they got charged loads of money to sit up there, in 93 Spurs bought a very low following because we charged them £25 i think it was, how times change now they'll bring 3,000 & be charged £62.

No big deal on its own. However, we have a problem if the Club put ticket prices up for everyone because (a) "no shows" are used to evidence under prices tickets or (b) negative media reduces sponsorship deals.

I'm not sure on the Scousers proposal but Kloppy's arrival has turned the spotlight on fans turning up late and leaving early because this was reported not to happen in Dortmund.

I think the Club could look at GDM's idea. We will need to encourage more late / on the days sales to fill a soon to be 61k ground

Another idea (that might have been floated already) is cash back or a discount on next yesr's season card, if the card is used for all home league games that season.
The discount for next year is sensible. GDM's has all sorts of issues, the main one being when there are traffic issues and they don't delay the game, like a few weeks back.

Supporters work odd hours these days, and games kick off at odd times too. I'd like to see a season card just for night games (to include cup games) and one for just weekend games (incl bank holidays and FA Cup).

Plus sort out the family stand. The adult price is cheaper than the adult south stand and there are groups in there with no kids. Adult price should be the same as SS but discount the kids (max fiver each for first two, then cheaper to bring more).

Then, if you can’t make a game at last minute, and no time to sell via seat exchange, then I'd be happy to give my seat away, any funds raised by the club if then sold cheaply to a walk-up, to charity. That'd look good for the club and supporters.

Regards low away turn outs did any of you go to the Full Members game v Chelsea at Maine Road in about 86/87?
My mate went & reckons we only had about 54 there!! but another fella i know reckons thats crap & we had 2/300?

The discount for next year is sensible. GDM's has all sorts of issues, the main one being when there are traffic issues and they don't delay the game, like a few weeks back.
I'm not suggesting replicating Liverpool's idea when supporters are late, mate. I'm suggesting season card holders taking up the option on their seat up to 24 hours before the game. Not sure how you think the traffic before the game would have any bearing on that.

Here's an idea have sensors in the seats and in the ground in front of the seat for every minute you're not there they add an extra £1 onto your season ticket the following year

Here's an idea have sensors in the seats and in the ground in front of the seat for every minute you're not there they add an extra £1 onto your season ticket the following year
Hehe... result = the knock off merchandise lads stood outside of the stadium selling freeweights for you to place where your mates usually sit when they are at Vermilion having a Valentine's meal with the Mrs.

The club introduced those Cityzen point booths which you can scan your SC and receive extra Cityzen points.... I've walked past the booth however many times and not scanned my card once as I just ain't assed about winning a signed Stevan Jovetic training top or Richard Wrights (never used) goalkeeper gloves.
I presume they brought this in to "reward" those of us who turn up :/

The Anfield idea sounds good in theory though, in which if you don't claim your season ticket seat at least an hour before kick off that seat automatically goes into a pool for local/low income/kids/OAP's - to enter the stadium and use your seat.

I'd be open to this as of right now I'm ready to set off for the match, I could quickly open up the "City match day app" and claim my seat (after I've logged in using my support. Number and pass)
Or at the stadium some booths to also claim your seat.

Initially it would invite moaners but the more we get used to "checking in" like you would at an airport, the more it becomes normal and I believe more supporters would get used to snapping up last minute tickets at a cut price.

Hehe... result = the knock off merchandise lads stood outside of the stadium selling freeweights for you to place where your mates usually sit when they are at Vermilion having a Valentine's meal with the Mrs.

The club introduced those Cityzen point booths which you can scan your SC and receive extra Cityzen points.... I've walked past the booth however many times and not scanned my card once as I just ain't assed about winning a signed Stevan Jovetic training top or Richard Wrights (never used) goalkeeper gloves.
I presume they brought this in to "reward" those of us who turn up :/

The Anfield idea sounds good in theory though, in which if you don't claim your season ticket seat at least an hour before kick off that seat automatically goes into a pool for local/low income/kids/OAP's - to enter the stadium and use your seat.

I'd be open to this as of right now I'm ready to set off for the match, I could quickly open up the "City match day app" and claim my seat (after I've logged in using my support. Number and pass)
Or at the stadium some booths to also claim your seat.

Initially it would invite moaners but the more we get used to "checking in" like you would at an airport, the more it becomes normal and I believe more supporters would get used to snapping up last minute tickets at a cut price.

I'm with you on these points to enter comps got thousands of points ain't interested in entering any of them.

I've seen it too, if it's true, he's an idiot. All the other teams with empty seats yet he has snide digs at us, it's becoming an obsession.
Plenty of empty seats at Arsenal today, also the away section has quite a few empties. I wonder if Merson would like to comment on that?

I'm not suggesting replicating Liverpool's idea when supporters are late, mate. I'm suggesting season card holders taking up the option on their seat up to 24 hours before the game. Not sure how you think the traffic before the game would have any bearing on that.
I mis-read your post. Still not keen on having to book your seat every game, maybe just put persistent offenders on a list and make them do it, but others will argue it's one's perogative to not use something one has purchased.

Still think we need more flexible purchase options to encourage attendance rather than something that is hard to enforce.

Regards low away turn outs did any of you go to the Full Members game v Chelsea at Maine Road in about 86/87?
My mate went & reckons we only had about 54 there!! but another fella i know reckons thats crap & we had 2/300?
we played chelsea in the final at wembley I was there..Attendance: 67,236

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.