Apparently we copied our red and black kit from AC Milan!

LongLang said:
As much as i hate to say it, i have read that psycholgically the colour red inspires a winning mentality, whereas blue is calming. (sub-conciously obviously)
I forget where i saw it, but it does seem to follow a pattern of sorts, e.g 3 of the sky 4 wear red or primarily red shirts.
Having said that, brazil, germany, argentina and france dont wear red and have been top of the pile until recently.
So i dont know how true the theory stands up.

Why do you think Mario is so chilled when he takes penalties?

Colliahhh said:
LongLang said:
As much as i hate to say it, i have read that psycholgically the colour red inspires a winning mentality, whereas blue is calming. (sub-conciously obviously)
I forget where i saw it, but it does seem to follow a pattern of sorts, e.g 3 of the sky 4 wear red or primarily red shirts.
Having said that, brazil, germany, argentina and france dont wear red and have been top of the pile until recently.

Why do you think Mario is so chilled when he takes penalties?
strippers and fireworks??

pauldominic said:
whp.blue said:
LongLang said:

watching City from the sixties I can tell you that is bollox Blue has never been calming to me over the years

Red has always implied agression. Blue is calming.

Can anyone image living with a red and white sky?

If someone showed a blue rag to a bull, they'd rapidly lose interest.

Actually, bulls - and all cattle - are colour-blind.

Plain Speaking said:
Wikipedia has a link from The Guardian about the origins of our red and black kit
(<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/nov/23/theknowledge.sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005 ... edge.sport</a>),
apparently "the red and black away colours come from former assistant manager Malcolm Allison, who believed that adopting the colours of AC Milan would inspire City to glory. Allison's theory worked, with City winning the 1969 FA Cup Final, 1970 League Cup Final and the 1970 European Cup Winners' Cup Final in red and black stripes as opposed to the club's home kit of sky blue.

Do you want to know the funny part of these story?
We (ac milan) don't use red and black colours in champions league's final becouse we think white away colour is the more lucky.
(it doesn't work the first time with liverpool.....)

pauldominic said:
I've already commented on this but I didn't realise the journalist was thinking that far back - hahaha.

Its a compliment because no one would bother to write an article like that 5 years ago.

Its also the guardian who have only ever had one serious commentator who was made redundant 3 years ago.

at the risk of clarkie-ing you realise the article is from 2005 right?

mammyjam said:
pauldominic said:
I've already commented on this but I didn't realise the journalist was thinking that far back - hahaha.

Its a compliment because no one would bother to write an article like that 5 years ago.

Its also the guardian who have only ever had one serious commentator who was made redundant 3 years ago.

at the risk of clarkie-ing you realise the article is from 2005 right?

Fair point. Why has it been resurrected?<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:01 pm --<br /><br />
Vienna_70 said:
pauldominic said:
whp.blue said:
watching City from the sixties I can tell you that is bollox Blue has never been calming to me over the years

Red has always implied agression. Blue is calming.

Can anyone image living with a red and white sky?

If someone showed a blue rag to a bull, they'd rapidly lose interest.

Actually, bulls - and all cattle - are colour-blind.

Ok but hopefully most people aren't.

whothefisAlice said:
whp.blue said:
we better get used to this as all the new fans discover our History

Somebody needs to post a detailed, EASY TO READ, history of our club thread as to prevent some of this from happening mate.

Quite a lot is available on the internet but someone will tell you the official book.

pauldominic said:
whothefisAlice said:
whp.blue said:

Somebody needs to post a detailed, EASY TO READ, history of our club thread as to prevent some of this from happening mate.

Quite a lot is available on the internet but someone will tell you the official book.

Well yea obviously and the history books, but I am talking about our newer Bluemoon fans who are ALSO new City fans.

whp.blue said:

We haven't got any!

Oh, and Gillingham copied Inter....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.