Apparently we copied our red and black kit from AC Milan!

whothefisAlice said:
whp.blue said:
we better get used to this as all the new fans discover our History

Somebody needs to post a detailed, EASY TO READ, history of our club thread as to prevent some of this from happening mate.
So true, it'd be a nightmare to half read something and go off half cocked shouting at people!

SWP's back said:
whothefisAlice said:
whp.blue said:

Somebody needs to post a detailed, EASY TO READ, history of our club thread as to prevent some of this from happening mate.
So true, it'd be a nightmare to half read something and go off half cocked shouting at people!

Nobodies listening to you Jewish man!

whothefisAlice said:
SWP's back said:
whothefisAlice said:

Nobodies listening to you Jewish man!
I have a Roman nose ;-)

mancityvstoke said:
levets said:
whp.blue said:

We haven't got any!

Oh, and Gillingham copied Inter....

yeah......we started in 1992......nothing happened before that...ever.

Totally agree, when I was running the gauntlet along with many others on here in the 1977ish season at Elland Road, they were upset that I was born in Bury nothing else. I assume the other 1500 people or so were also born at Fairfield Hospital. I can't think of any other reason for them to cobb bricks at us.......Perhaps having an affinity to Ramsbottom United might have been the reason!! LOL

The whole Red&Black striped away kit was Big Mals idea. He wanted us to "Terrify Europe" in the same style as the mighty AC Milan (his exact words). Unfortunately for us it didn't quite work out that way.

@plain speaking. Ignore the stick mate. We all start somewhere. I've been ablue 30 years and i was brought up on tales of Big Mal and the holey Trinity. But nobody can say who has the right to support who. As long as your hearts blue and you stick with us thick and thin then nothing else matters ;)

BlakeTheBlue said:
The whole Red&Black striped away kit was Big Mals idea. He wanted us to "Terrify Europe" in the same style as the mighty AC Milan (his exact words). Unfortunately for us it didn't quite work out that way.

@plain speaking. Ignore the stick mate. We all start somewhere. I've been ablue 30 years and i was brought up on tales of Big Mal and the holey Trinity. But nobody can say who has the right to support who. As long as your hearts blue and you stick with us thick and thin then nothing else matters ;)

We did beat them over 2 legs in about 1977 and in typical City fashion lost in the semi-final to Borussia Monchen-Gladbach.

LongLang said:
As much as i hate to say it, i have read that psycholgically the colour red inspires a winning mentality, whereas blue is calming. (sub-conciously obviously)
I forget where i saw it, but it does seem to follow a pattern of sorts, e.g 3 of the sky 4 wear red or primarily red shirts.
Having said that, brazil, germany, argentina and france dont wear red and have been top of the pile until recently.
So i dont know how true the theory stands up.
That's the reason Franny Lee changed our shirt colour to the much darker 'laser blue' of the mid 90s. Psychologists claimed that teams in more 'purposeful ' colours did better .

He'd have been better hiring a decent manager to be honest , but these were desperate times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.