Apple iPhone and more

Forgive the numpty questions ( new to iPhones), so still trying to set it up as best I can, but bottom of what?.

As I have a shortcut on my home screen on the android, I was hoping iPhone would has similar functions
If you access Bluemoon through Safari a few times, a short cut will appear as soon as you click on Safari.

Forgive the numpty questions ( new to iPhones), so still trying to set it up as best I can, but bottom of what?.

As I have a shortcut on my home screen on the android, I was hoping iPhone would has similar functions
You can take any web page and put it on your Home Screen, at bought of your screen the menu bar click middle symbol scroll down add to Home Screen

I have an iphone8.
it’s complete dog shit now but it did a job for years.

When looking at buying a new iPhone i notice the SE (3rd gen).
This is the same as an iphone8 but with updated software and it’s £400.

I don’t need an iphone15. I don’t take many pics or download games etc.

Just call, txt, bit of social media. So I don’t need an amazing phone.

Just wondered if I should get this? Anyone else got an SE?

I have an iphone8.

My wife has one and it’s absolutely fine. I’m still on the X and that works fine too, although it’s stuck in iOS16 now.

My wife has one and it’s absolutely fine. I’m still on the X and that works fine too, although it’s stuck in iOS16 now.
@GX Blue

If you look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone and scroll down to the 'Models' section you can see which models are still supported, and a good indication of their supported lifespan.
The best has been the 6S - which was supported for 8 years from initial release.

The SE (3rd edition) probably has another 4/5 years of supported lifespan.

I wouldn't be using any iPhone (or Android) that has gone out of supported service. The updates provided fix security holes. A single text message has been known to be capable of compromising a smartphone without any user interaction, similar issues occur on smartphone browsing, if the phone isn't uptodate on the latest releases (or incapable of being updated), then you leave your phone open to abuse, and all that happens on it - email, messages, photos, browsing, banking etc etc...

Sometimes as with 6S -> X (including 8) Apple will feel compelled to release a security update for a particularly bad security bug, but they have to stop even that after say 6/7 years

Last edited:
I have an iphone8.

I’ve the 2nd generation has mostly everything the others have,and it’s slightly smaller which I prefer when putting it in your pockets and so on,my only problem is the batteries on iPhones don’t seem to last after a few years although that probably depends on usage..

I'm 47. I get headaches, my vision is getting worse, and I have developed mild ADD like symptoms from a normal computer and modern life. The internet is 9/10 a waste of time and energy.

In every way possible, fuck staring at a small screen for scraps of the net. Next phone is a clam, along with which I'll get a nice refurb Ipad Air 3/4, and I'll keep that offline by default.

If I did want a £100+ phone, for the first time ever I'd think about a cheap Iphone. Google is getting worse, greedier. They not only want all my info and data, they now want me to pay to avoid ads. Android was only ever worth it as a totally free experience. If I was to pay, I'd want Apple's level of seamless integration and ease of use.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.