Approach to Wednesday's game

Didsbury Dave

Morale's not great amongst the players or fans at the moment, and we're coming into "shit or bust" part of the season. The games are coming thick and fast and we're carrying injuries.

We need a good win on Wednesday, if nothing else, to lift us all for the big league games coming up. If we lose it will be a big blow to the fans but it will actually have a slightly golden lining in that we can concerntrate on the other two.

What we really don't need is a draw.

On the assumption that Silva's fit, I think the way to approach this one is to drop the two experimental formations he's been using over the last few games and revert back to the 4-2-3-1. I think the front four should be like the Aris game, Silva, Balo, Tevez and Dkeko. I think we should have De Jong and Barry as the two holding midfielders and the strongest back 4 we can put out.

We should go for broke in this game for every single reason. Forget safety first, forget Ya Ya, forget that shitty 4-3-3 from Saturday and let our attackers rip them to pieces. For 25 minutes against Aris we were as good as I've ever seen us. If we lose it isn't the end of the world and if we win well the whole club will get a lift.

Get the 4 amigos on the park, give the ball to Silva whenever we win it and let's see what happens...

With NDJ still injured and Dzeko looking really tired, I would go with strongest back 4 available, hopefully Richards, Kompany, Lescott and Zab. Midfield of Barry and Milner with Toure in front and a forward 3 of Silva, Balotelli and Tevez

According to RM , Nigel and Vinny will not see action on Wednesday and reading between the lines will not be available against Wigan.

Silva and Micah could be available against Wigan.

I'll take a shit win to be honest. Now is not the time to be worrying about performances; we need to get the job done in the same way United have all season.

As for the formation that is clearly to do with the players we have available and if the same players are out this week then expect another mashed together starting 11.

jay_mcfc said:
I'll take a shit win to be honest. Now is not the time to be worrying about performances; we need to get the job done in the same way United have all season.

As for the formation that is clearly to do with the players we have available and if the same players are out this week then expect another mashed together starting 11.

This pretty much. We're certainly not in the position to be 'forgetting' players as our options are quite limited at the moment, Milner was supposedly not even 100% fit in the last game.

jay_mcfc said:

Of course any win will do.

But what I'm saying is we should take one or two risks and play the attacking formation I've suggested because a draw is the last thing we need.

Unless they up the tempo and start playing as if they look like they have actually been training with one another then we might as well say goodbye to any trophy this season.

Also that fourth place is in considerable doubt at present.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Isn't Nige still injured ?

Roberto sez No! for Nige. Silva appears to be a maybe. We're gonna replicate the Wiiiiiiiist Hiiiiiiim quarter final here, 'cept we've got the people up front to fire the guns but who's gonna provide the bullets!

It'll be pretty near the last straw if Dicky Dunne does us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.