Lescott
Zabaletta

De Jong
Milner

Balotelli
Toure
Silva

Tevez

I would like this team, if De Jong is fit; don't think Kompany is. Not been overwhelmed by Dzeko yet; 2 good goals against Aris, but it's painfully clear that he still needs time to adjust to the levels needed against better teams. This is not to say I don't think he is any good. A few people have suggested his arrival has 'upset the apple cart' slightly. I am not saying I agree with this, but this kind of thing isn't unheard of....?? I like him, seems like a hard worker, and unlike a few other players, looks like he really wants to be here, just hope he improves. We need top 4, therefore we can't afford to give players the time to bed in at the expense of others, it's about the here and now at the moment.

De Jong is not fit. Mancini has confirmed this on the OS.

The idea of playing Balo, Dzeko, Tevez and Silva together is seriously flawed. As someone said it is school playground stuff.

More strikers does not mean more attacking as we saw on Sunday. When Edin came off balo and Tevez had more space.

With Edin up top, Tevez gets in Silva´s way.

We could always do what Barca do and play Silva as a false 9. With Tevez and Balotelli wide.

However at this stage of the season I would be inclined to go with what we know works. Tevez up top on his own.

Balotelli and Silva wide. Yaya just behind. Barry and Milner sitting.

gio's side step said:
dancity19 said:
Hart

Richards
Boeteng
Lescott
Zabaletta

De Jong
Milner

Balotelli
Toure
Silva

Tevez

I would like this team, if De Jong is fit; don't think Kompany is. Not been overwhelmed by Dzeko yet; 2 good goals against Aris, but it's painfully clear that he still needs time to adjust to the levels needed against better teams. This is not to say I don't think he is any good. A few people have suggested his arrival has 'upset the apple cart' slightly. I am not saying I agree with this, but this kind of thing isn't unheard of....?? I like him, seems like a hard worker, and unlike a few other players, looks like he really wants to be here, just hope he improves. We need top 4, therefore we can't afford to give players the time to bed in at the expense of others, it's about the here and now at the moment.

De Jong is not fit. Mancini has confirmed this on the OS.

Barry there then. Can't wait for De Jong to be back though.

robbieh said:
The idea of playing Balo, Dzeko, Tevez and Silva together is seriously flawed. As someone said it is school playground stuff.

Well it isn't that "seriously flawed" because Mancini played it against Aris and when it clicked we were outstanding.

The point is that Silva is the playmaker, not Ya Ya

The problems with it are that it doesn't get the best from Tevez necessarily and it leaves us narrow. But if Richards is fit he could make a big difference there.

Didsbury Dave said:
Morale's not great amongst the players or fans at the moment, and we're coming into "shit or bust" part of the season. The games are coming thick and fast and we're carrying injuries.

We need a good win on Wednesday, if nothing else, to lift us all for the big league games coming up. If we lose it will be a big blow to the fans but it will actually have a slightly golden lining in that we can concerntrate on the other two.

What we really don't need is a draw.

On the assumption that Silva's fit, I think the way to approach this one is to drop the two experimental formations he's been using over the last few games and revert back to the 4-2-3-1. I think the front four should be like the Aris game, Silva, Balo, Tevez and Dkeko. I think we should have De Jong and Barry as the two holding midfielders and the strongest back 4 we can put out.

We should go for broke in this game for every single reason. Forget safety first, forget Ya Ya, forget that shitty 4-3-3 from Saturday and let our attackers rip them to pieces. For 25 minutes against Aris we were as good as I've ever seen us. If we lose it isn't the end of the world and if we win well the whole club will get a lift.

Get the 4 amigos on the park, give the ball to Silva whenever we win it and let's see what happens...

Totally agree with this its sh*t or bust. We go all out for the win in this game and if we lose so be it.

This is a game to forget being cagey and just think we're better than them and we are going all out to win.

If we lose personally its not the end of the world as imo a replay would be the worst outcome.

Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:

Well it isn't that "seriously flawed" because Mancini played it against Aris and when it clicked we were outstanding.

The problems with it are that it doesn't get the best from Tevez necessarily and it leaves us narrow. But if Richards is fit he could make a big difference there.

Agree Richards offers more drive and attacking full back width/overlaps

Re: Aris, I would just note, that Euro games are different in tempo than PL games, but agree Silva playing being the conductor of the orchestra makes a significant difference.

I sense you aren't a fan of Yaya Dave?

Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:

In my opinion our best performances this year have been Liverpool, Chelsea and Villa at home. West Ham, Fulham and Newcastle away.

The common denominator. One striker. When Tevez has been away or rested Balotelli has done the job fine.

Yaya has played in all of these games. He and Silva actually play well together. We are a passing side.

It works best with one striker. The idea of playing three strikers when two often is one too many is schoolboy stuff. It may have worked against Aris but it didn´t against Fulham. And before you say well Silva wasn´t playing. well he didn´t against Liverpool or Chelsea.

We just need to play positively - we are a far better side than them.

There's no point worrying about a few thousand booing. I for one would rather see the team trying to blow Villa out of the water than farting about defending a one goal lead.
The time for caution has gone, we have built a platform to challenge for trophies now go and try to win them.
imho

gio's side step said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Agree Richards offers more drive and attacking full back width/overlaps

Re: Aris, I would just note, that Euro games are different in tempo than PL games, but agree Silva playing being the conductor of the orchestra makes a significant difference.

I sense you aren't a fan of Yaya Dave?
Well I can see he has some ability and I had high hopes for him, but I've got doubts about his suitabilty for the English game. He's so slow on the ball he loses possession too much. I'm not sure he's the best option in his usual role on the middle of the attacking midfield 3. That's silva and tevezs space for a start. I know he does these runs but to me too many are down blind alleys and unproductive. And I think he's not good enough in the tackle for a defensive midfield slot.

I'm conclusion I've got doubts but I can see he has ability

robbieh said:

More strikers does not mean more attacking as we saw on Sunday. When Edin came off balo and Tevez had more space.

With Edin up top, Tevez gets in Silva´s way.

We could always do what Barca do and play Silva as a false 9. With Tevez and Balotelli wide.

However at this stage of the season I would be inclined to go with what we know works. Tevez up top on his own.

Balotelli and Silva wide. Yaya just behind. Barry and Milner sitting.

This. Time to stop tinkering and trying to force-fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.