Approach to Wednesday's game

Balti said:
robbieh said:
The idea of playing Balo, Dzeko, Tevez and Silva together is seriously flawed. As someone said it is school playground stuff.

More strikers does not mean more attacking as we saw on Sunday. When Edin came off balo and Tevez had more space.

With Edin up top, Tevez gets in Silva´s way.

We could always do what Barca do and play Silva as a false 9. With Tevez and Balotelli wide.

However at this stage of the season I would be inclined to go with what we know works. Tevez up top on his own.

Balotelli and Silva wide. Yaya just behind. Barry and Milner sitting.

This. Time to stop tinkering and trying to force-fit.

This would be my formation as well.

And on the bench I'd have a couple of kids to give us some much needed energy in the last quarter if it's needed.

Didsbury Dave said:
gio's side step said:
Agree Richards offers more drive and attacking full back width/overlaps

Re: Aris, I would just note, that Euro games are different in tempo than PL games, but agree Silva playing being the conductor of the orchestra makes a significant difference.

I sense you aren't a fan of Yaya Dave?
Well I can see he has some ability and I had high hopes for him, but I've got doubts about his suitabilty for the English game. He's so slow on the ball he loses possession too much. I'm not sure he's the best option in his usual role on the middle of the attacking midfield 3. That's silva and tevezs space for a start. I know he does these runs but to me too many are down blind alleys and unproductive. And I think he's not good enough in the tackle for a defensive midfield slot.

I'm conclusion I've got doubts but I can see he has ability
How can you say Toure is slow on the ball? Once he has the ball at his feet, it's very difficult to stop him. One of the quickest players in our team, if not the quickest.

robbieh said:
The idea of playing Balo, Dzeko, Tevez and Silva together is seriously flawed. As someone said it is school playground stuff.

More strikers does not mean more attacking as we saw on Sunday. When Edin came off balo and Tevez had more space.

With Edin up top, Tevez gets in Silva´s way.

We could always do what Barca do and play Silva as a false 9. With Tevez and Balotelli wide.

However at this stage of the season I would be inclined to go with what we know works. Tevez up top on his own.

Balotelli and Silva wide. Yaya just behind. Barry and Milner sitting.

Good post.
I would rest Teves for this game though as we need him for Wigan and kiev. I think we're at the stage where the Euro squad selections will get stronger as we get closer to the sharp end of the comp.

With that in mind I think we could see Edin play 9 with Balo, Yaya and David in support.

Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Well I can see he has some ability and I had high hopes for him, but I've got doubts about his suitabilty for the English game. He's so slow on the ball he loses possession too much. I'm not sure he's the best option in his usual role on the middle of the attacking midfield 3. That's silva and tevezs space for a start. I know he does these runs but to me too many are down blind alleys and unproductive. And I think he's not good enough in the tackle for a defensive midfield slot.

I'm conclusion I've got doubts but I can see he has ability
How can you say Toure is slow on the ball? Once he has the ball at his feet, it's very difficult to stop him. One of the quickest players in our team, if not the quickest.
I probably didn't make it clear. When he gets going he really shifts but when he receives the ball he's slow in thought and movement and is often dispossessed

--------------------------- Hart -------------------------

Richards ------ Boateng ----- Lescott --------- Zabaleta

SWP ------------ Milner -------- Yaya ----------- Kolarov

------------------ Dzeko ------- Balotelli -----------------

Silva and Tevez on the bench if needed.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
I probably didn't make it clear. When he gets going he really shifts but when he receives the ball he's slow in thought and movement and is often dispossessed

Yaya Toure finds a team mate 87% of the time.

Balotelli as a lone striker up front with a supporting 3 of Yaya, Silva and SWP for me. Villa don't deal with pace well and as we've already seen their defence can deal with Dzeko with ease but struggle with Balo. I'd also play Richards and Zab, Villa's wingers work hard and would track Kolarov with ease. We need the defensive solidity imo.

Give Tevez a rest and have him back with a bit of fire in his belly for Wigan/Kiev. Dzeko to come in against Kiev and not take part in the Wigan game either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.