Approach to Wednesday's game

we will woman slap villa 3-zip

the beast is about to be unleashed

tevez hat trick

.............................jh..................................

MR.........JB........................JL...................AK

..................JMJ...................GB....................

............................YAYA.............................

...........CT...............................DS................

............................ED..................................

Just do it

I am not trying to be pessimistic. I really think we will win. I'll be there. We should give it a go....

but......Not NJD who on earth is going to pick up Ashley Young?

If fit,

------------------------ Hart------------------------

----Richards-------Toure-------Lescott------Zab-----

------------------Yaya-------Barry------------------

----SWP----------------Silva--------------Balotelli----

------------------------Tevez-----------------------

Subs

Taylor
Boateng
Kolarov
Vieria
Dzeko
Guidetti

Hello All,
Although many of you may have allegences with other Sport radio shows/stations, can i please bring your attention to my sports show on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.burnfm.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.burnfm.com</a> Its Birmingham University's radio station and on a Saturday evening 5:30-7 I help present a show called Kicking Back with Alasdair and Mike. (Find us on facebook). As a city fan I discuss all city stuff as well as rounding up all the days footy action with debate and discussions as well. It would be brilliant if you could all tune and listen, giving feedback as well. Thanks a lot
Mike

Didsbury Dave said:
Of course any win will do.

But what I'm saying is we should take one or two risks and play the attacking formation I've suggested because a draw is the last thing we need.

There have been many times this season where we have played attacking football, contrary to popular opinion, and it almost always ends up with us conceding silly goals and generally means we won't win.

We've had most of our wins by playing our more negative side, building from the back and then overpowering teams through the middle and on the counter.

Of course, what we really need is balance. It's what we've been crying out for all season and in the few games we've gelled in that sense it's ended with fantastic results. Unfortunately they have been too few and far between because of injuries, loss of form, attitude and yes dare I say it Mancini's selections and the way he has set us up at times. Anyone thinking attack attack attack is wrong.

We should sing 'balance.... balance balance balance balance' because it is that that we need!

Looks like Collins and Cuellar will be out for Wednesday's game, which is great news for me. They were immense (Collins probably MOTM) when they nicked the 1-0.

gio's side step said:
If fit,

Subs

Taylor
Boateng
Kolarov
Vieria
Dzeko
Guidetti

That's my team but I'd have Milner alongside Barry. I don't think Ya Ya can play defensive midfield in this country.

jay_mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Of course any win will do.

But what I'm saying is we should take one or two risks and play the attacking formation I've suggested because a draw is the last thing we need.

There have been many times this season where we have played attacking football, contrary to popular opinion, and it almost always ends up with us conceding silly goals and generally means we won't win.

We've had most of our wins by playing our more negative side, building from the back and then overpowering teams through the middle and on the counter.

Of course, what we really need is balance. It's what we've been crying out for all season and in the few games we've gelled in that sense it's ended with fantastic results. Unfortunately they have been too few and far between because of injuries, loss of form, attitude and yes dare I say it Mancini's selections and the way he has set us up at times. Anyone thinking attack attack attack is wrong.

We should sing 'balance.... balance balance balance balance' because it is that that we need!

It's the shape/lack of balance which concerns me the most. Playing Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli in a 'playground' tactical approach, won't work in tough organised competitive PL games. It's naive. It lacks any balance whatsoever and makes us ridiculously narrow. I accept however, with injuries to Johnson and Silva last week, that until we have everyone fit, we aren't going to really know what Mancini's perception of balance and shape is. Which is why I would play SWP if it, and put one of either Dzeko, Tevez or Balotelli on the bench. That provides more natural width, makes the pitch bigger, allows us to stretch teams with posession, and gives Silva more space in behind Tevez. If everyone were fit, I'd always have Johnson playing in this position, but that front 3 of Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko might work in European type games, but it won't in the PL. With the FA cup, I'm not sure either way.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
gio's side step said:
If fit,

Subs

Taylor
Boateng
Kolarov
Vieria
Dzeko
Guidetti

That's my team but I'd have Milner alongside Barry. I don't think Ya Ya can play defensive midfield in this country.

Is Milner fit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.