AR-GEN-TINA

pee dubyas crayons said:
I know we're all excited by the arrival of Tevez, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't see this as an invitation to start chanting 'Ar-gen-tina' like the rags used to for him and Heinze.

It's not big, it's not clever and it's downright disrespectful to the 255 British soldiers who lost their lives in the Falklands conflict.

Please don't emulate idiotic rag fans by chanting this.

Thanks.

well said mate,1 of which was my cousin

Tottaly agree, i started the excact thread yesterday!

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=130981&p=2199273&hilit=request#p2199273" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=130981&p=2199273&hilit=request#p2199273</a>

Tell whoever sings it to shut the fuck up.

Cottonopolis said:
All those sky blue and white flags will look great. And don`t forget thatcher was to blame for the deaths in the falklands. When she dies i will get pissed.
as i read this,im watchin wooten bassett you piece of shit,hope she out lives you DISRESPECTUL TWAT.GET OF THIS FUCKING SITE.he aint one of us brothers.

Benarbia's Fat Dad said:
dannybcity wrote:
Politics and football don't mix, if anybody wants to take an Argentina flag with them it's fine by me.

Agree with you. If some kid has an argentina shirt or flag on i'd be pretty sure that they weren't doing it to disrespect anyone

As much as I am against the song I do agree with this, well with shirts. I've got the navy Argy top with Tevez on and might wear it to CoMS, not sure yet. My dad went to the Falklands with the Army after the conflict and isn't too fussed with me wearing the top as it is my support for Tevez the player as much as he still has a few hard feelings for the Argies. My Auntie lives in USA and a bloke she works with is an Argy, dead nice fella. But to be displaying flags and singing this would get up my nose especially the song tbh. Like I say, if I wear my Tevez Argentina shirt it would be in the support of him.

On the point of RESPECT none of that MU**** Crap either, i absolutely hate hearing it, it makes our club and the majority of our fans look so bad. When Tevez got out the car people all over the world will have been watching as the ppl there sung his first song "CARLOS TEVEZ IS A BLUE HE HATES MU*****" That the best that "fans" can come up with.... Maybe Im fighting a losing battle... ppl will always do it but it bugs me

Benarbia's Fat Dad said:
dannybcity wrote:
Politics and football don't mix, if anybody wants to take an Argentina flag with them it's fine by me.

Agree with you. If some kid has an argentina shirt or flag on i'd be pretty sure that they weren't doing it to disrespect anyone

Same here. Let's not forget that four years after the bloodiest conflict this planet has ever seen, City fans accepted an ex-Nazi paratrooper as a player. Surely a bit of cloth isn't going to upset people?

Well if we are pushing for a goal we might have 4 forwards on, one each from Paraguay, Brazil, Argentina and Ecuador. So a shout for Argentina would be a bit odd. It's a crap song and a crap concept and copying other teams songs or tunes is a bit lame.

However, the fact that Argentina's flag is sky blue and white does offer the opportunity to replace the sun with a City crest which I think would be quite good (we already have Brazilian flags dotted around). I recall having an Argentina shirt after the 78 world cup and sewing a Union Flag patch over the crest in 82 (even though I was against the war).

westy said:
When Tevez got out the car people all over the world will have been watching as the ppl there sung his first song "CARLOS TEVEZ IS A BLUE HE HATES MU*****" That the best that "fans" can come up with.... Maybe Im fighting a losing battle... ppl will always do it but it bugs me

Actually i was one of the people outside the ground and we were singing " carlos tevez is a blue he hates united"

westy said:
On the point of RESPECT none of that MU**** Crap either, i absolutely hate hearing it, it makes our club and the majority of our fans look so bad. When Tevez got out the car people all over the world will have been watching as the ppl there sung his first song "CARLOS TEVEZ IS A BLUE HE HATES MU*****" That the best that "fans" can come up with.... Maybe Im fighting a losing battle... ppl will always do it but it bugs me

I was actually going to start a seperate thread about this. I watched the BBC North West tonight feature on the Tevez signing earlier and I thought it made or supporters look embarrassing.

Despite some other poster above stating he was singing "he hates United" I could quite clearly hear what appeared to be the majority singing "he hates Mu****s".

We really need to put this stupid chant to bed and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.