Are City fans the best in England?

our support is knowhere near the best pretty average i would say especially at home unless were winning and its a big game, away from home the fans that do bother to turn up are up there with the best but how can we be labelled the best when we cant sell out<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 1:21 pm --<br /><br />
moorsideblue said:
Dom38 said:
Liverpool have pretty decent support, bar them being delusional.

oh dear!!! hear we go again with the liverpool atmosphere myth!! FFS their fans are fuckin awfull
couldnt agree more shocking they are i would probably say tottenham or everton and i fucking hate em both with a passion

danburge82 said:
as are both Sheffield clubs two good sets of fans them!

Can't agree with that. Went to uni in Sheffield so I saw them both a few times. Wednesday had the worst moaners I have ever heard. Honestly, it can be bad at City but they took it to another level. One bloke memorably stood up, uttered half a dozen swear words and then said "fucking die for it like I do every day". This was about five minutes in. My mates and I were pissing ourselves at him.

Sheffield United were always pretty quiet too, in fact even in the cup game against us when they won because of that balloon they were quiet.

They had some good fans to talk to but I was never impressed by the atmospheres.

I think we have among the best humour but we are lacking in other areas. Getting better though.

man city fans are no where near the best your out of your mind, ive been eastlands with stoke since we came up and the only noise was from us. cant wait untill the final only one halph will be rocking the red halph

stokeinpeace said:
man city fans are no where near the best your out of your mind, ive been eastlands with stoke since we came up and the only noise was from us. cant wait untill the final only one halph will be rocking the red halph

"Stokeinpeace" my fucking arse...

Run along you six fingered prick.

My take on this subject. In no particular order.

Spectacle: The Kop when Liverpool come out onto the pitch. Scarfs, banners, flags, you'll never walk alone, etc. The Poznan at COMS.(and away from home) When it's done en-masse, it looks awesome. Nothing at any other club springs to mind.

Best home support: Stoke, Newcastle United, Spurs.(to an extent) Not the variety of songs, as neither club has that many, but the sheer noise that is generated around the whole stadium and for long periods.

Songs: United, City, Liverpool. United have had the monopoly on new songs over the years, thanks to a certain fat b****** Boyle. However, since the Blue Alliance was formed and the Poznan kicked in, we''ve come up with numerous new songs this season. Liverpool have done pretty well of late as well.

Best banter: This is a hard one, as it's different at every gorund. But I firmly believe City are the best. Time after time this season away fans have been at the sharp end of our banter and wit at COMS.(and complimented us on their forums) When City travel you never get the same thing from the home fans. Behind City are Villa. They sufferd twice at COMS this season and they took the stick, but came back with banter of their own.

Best away Support. United. It's easy to sing when your team is always winning, but they are well organized away from home vocally, and always get behind their team.(too many City songs though) Liverpool, Newcastle and City aren't that far behind. Always giving good away support.

Overrated support at home: Liverpool and Sunderland. Liverpool are great when they're winning, but if they're losing or drawing, you can hear a pin drop at Anfield. TBH I don't know why people rate Sunderland's home support. Apart from the Roker Roar, as it was called, there isn't that much singning going on.

Worst home support: Arsenal, Everton and Birmingham. Arsenal is still the library, but it's moved to the Emirtates. Everton is noisy(constant moaning), but the odd chant of "Everton, Everton, Everton, is pretty dire TBH. Birmingham. One song every now and again.

As far as I'm concerned there isn't one set of fans that can claim to be the best. Theyal have their pluses and minuses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.