Are City protestant, catholic or neither? Straw Poll

tueartsboots said:
spanishblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
er...it's in Off Topic.

But it is relevant to football and City. Have you not read the thread? How many times do I have to post this was a straw poll based on a comment by a Hearts fan that City were perceived in Scotland as "a proddy club" in the "Songs at Liverpool" thread.

I am referrring to the thread having 100 posts, not you.

Insulting someone because they have not posted much is infantile, if you ask me.

Don't you get it yet?

It may mean somethig in Scotland where religion [biggotry] plays a large part in FOOTBALL but not in my 46 yrs of supporting City and dont you get it yet WHAT THE FUK HAS RELIGION GOT TO DO WITH FOOTBALL

It maybe in off topic now but that is not where you started it the mods had the sense to move it

So you are a 46yr old ex-para? I can understand why the anger. I think with most of the answers given, religion has a) Nothing at all to do with City and B) Little in most peoples lives. Yes there are a few beleivers but on the whole most or agnostic. Having a faith does not automatically make a bigot.

52yrs but when it is brought into any other thearter of life such as football it is
bigotry.

Anger yes seen enough of religion and what it can do

spanishblue said:
tueartsboots said:
spanishblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
er...it's in Off Topic.

But it is relevant to football and City. Have you not read the thread? How many times do I have to post this was a straw poll based on a comment by a Hearts fan that City were perceived in Scotland as "a proddy club" in the "Songs at Liverpool" thread.

I am referrring to the thread having 100 posts, not you.

Insulting someone because they have not posted much is infantile, if you ask me.

Don't you get it yet?

It may mean somethig in Scotland where religion [biggotry] plays a large part in FOOTBALL but not in my 46 yrs of supporting City and dont you get it yet WHAT THE FUK HAS RELIGION GOT TO DO WITH FOOTBALL

It maybe in off topic now but that is not where you started it the mods had the sense to move it

So you are a 46yr old ex-para? I can understand why the anger. I think with most of the answers given, religion has a) Nothing at all to do with City and B) Little in most peoples lives. Yes there are a few beleivers but on the whole most or agnostic. Having a faith does not automatically make a bigot.

52yrs but when it is brought into any other thearter of life such as football it is
bigotry.

Anger yes seen enough of religion and what it can do

I think bigotry is overused. Ill informed, childlike f*ckwits that think it's big and clever to taunt others is more of a better description. Most that claim to RC?C of E/ C of S etc oly set foot in church for weddings, funerals etc. Most don't understand faith imo

Twinkletoes -

Claptrap mate.

I'll repeat myself YET AGAIN.

I am a passionate aethiest and I cannot stand religious bigotry.

I have never sung "No Surrender" or any sectarian song in my life.

On a thread where I made this clear (linked, earlier in this thread), someone said City were a club with protestant connections.

I disagreed and volunteered to do a poll.

This thread was titled "Are you a catholic or protestant" but I was accused of posting something which had nothing to do with City, so I added the word "City" to the title.

So your sensationalist nonsense about pandering to extremists is garbage.

And there was a point to the thread - to disprove (as far as you can with a straw poll) that City were a club supported by protestants. I also told people to stop posting as that point had been made. The majority who posted were catholics.

But it's only a thread on a forum

ratherdeadthanred said:
but dont follow God or anything at all

PMSL - my Dad follows him home and away. Very committed fan. My Mum's a bit of a gloryhunter - likes to turn up every now and again for the big occasions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.