Are City protestant, catholic or neither? Straw Poll

tueartsboots said:
spanishblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
spanishblue said:
This shit realy pissis me off what fukin diffrence dose it make it is a FOOTBALL CLUB not a fukin church.
This shit is so unhealthy it and whoever brought it to a FOOTBALL FORUM should be barred .
Or should have served a couple of tours in Ireland in the 70s where biggotry is a way of life
and see what it dose

Why have the mods even tollerated this shit it is as bad as raceism

SO F-OFF TO SOME SHIT WHOLE WHERE ALL THIS IS OK

Piss off with your pedantic and politically correct views and read the fucking thread.

I started the discussion for a reason. It's nothing to do with bigotry. Look up the meaning of the word before you start throwing it around.

And I'm no fucking racist, pal, don't even equate the two.

And learnt to spell, too, before you start pontificating to the rest of us.

FOOTBALL and if you cant see the diffrence shame

As for the spelling FUCK YOU IS THAT SPELT OK U PONTIFICATING dick religion what a waste of life

What's with all the aggression, Spanishblue? You don't agree this is a suitable subject, fine. But no need to kick off IMO

It has no place on a football forum

Didsbury Dave said:
PB, the club were founded as "St Marks Gorton" in 1880.

So you were wrong when you said that the club has never had any affiliation with the church, however much you play it down.
You've misunderstood what I meant DD (or more likely I didn't explain it very well).

I know the history of the club but in 1887, after 7 years of being St Marks, we moved to Ardwick and became AFC Ardwick and joined the Football League. I assume at that point we were a professional club. Then in 1893 that club collapsed and was re-formed in 1894 as Manchester City FC. So we shed any connection with St Marks in 1887 and certainly had lost it completely by 1894, when Manchester City came into being.

In fact I'll go further and say that City, far from having a religious affiliation, were actually formed by Freemasons in 1894. See this article on Purely Man City:

City's Masonic Origins

It has to be said however that many Masons are religious but there are very few Catholics as they are discouraged (by the Catholic Church not the Masons) from becoming members.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.