Are Gundogan, Laporte, Mahrez and Palmer missed at all?

We don’t know yet.

Gündoğan was missed at Wolves. When Rodri was out last season, Gundo slotted in defensive mid and we didn’t know Rodri wasn’t there as we trounced the Rags 6-3.

When Rodri wasn’t there last week, it was like the heart had been ripped out of the team.

But long term we won’t know until the end of the season.

We will miss Gundogan as he seemed to get better as he got older and chipped in some match-winning goals in the last few seasons. Mahrez was very hot and cold for me - when he was good he was brilliant, but could go missing. I don't think we've missed him so far and I think Doku looks a FAR better player for us.

To be honest, I forgot about Laporte and Palmer - they've not been missed at all.

Ultimately players like Gundogan, Mahrez and Laporte were getting old and the legs would be going in the next couple of years. They would need to be replaced anyway and we managed to get a reasonable amount back on them and they've not gone to teams I regard as direct competitors, so all good for me!

guno and mahrez, presently yes they were important sources of goals if the stiker wasn't scoring, and gundo could deputise rodri better than what we saw at wolves new players once adapted may replace that though effectively long term

the other 2 no

For now gundo is a big miss . Mahrez would come in very handy for certain games. Palmer no miss at all, he may be a superstar at chelsea but it was never gonna happen at city.
I honestly prefered laporte to akanji. But gvardiol looks to be better than laporte so thats worked ok

as replacements, Doku looks exciting but raw. Time will tell on kova and nunes. One things for sure , we cant start all 3 atbthe same time , a la wolves , for some time.

For Laporte This question can be asked for the last season. It's like we are used to play without him for like 12 months staight or even more

We will miss Gundogan as he seemed to get better as he got older and chipped in some match-winning goals in the last few seasons. Mahrez was very hot and cold for me - when he was good he was brilliant, but could go missing. I don't think we've missed him so far and I think Doku looks a FAR better player for us.

To be honest, I forgot about Laporte and Palmer - they've not been missed at all.

Ultimately players like Gundogan, Mahrez and Laporte were getting old and the legs would be going in the next couple of years. They would need to be replaced anyway and we managed to get a reasonable amount back on them and they've not gone to teams I regard as direct competitors, so all good for me!
Duku looks a far better player than Mahrez ! This is the most delusional statement I have ever read ! I wish Duku all the best as I like his energy and attitude but I do not think he will ever be better than a world class Mahrez. I forsee though that he will surpass Sane, Grealish and Sterling .

Duku looks a far better player than Mahrez ! This is the most delusional statement I have ever read ! I wish Duku all the best as I like his energy and attitude but I do not think he will ever be better than a world class Mahrez. I forsee though that he will surpass Sane, Grealish and Sterling .
If you think Mahrez was World Class then you are delusional. He frequently went missing and picked which games he would play well in.

Doku will be a FAR better player than him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.