Are Gundogan, Laporte, Mahrez and Palmer missed at all?

Great players, but we move on. You cannot, and should not, keep players who want to leave. Even with the knowledge of the team's mental attitude and consistent success, I always believed this would be a very tough season. To stay, when you have given everything and achieved everything, is a tough call, especially at the end of your career. For Gundo and Mahrez I absolutely respect their decisions. For Laporte, who we sometimes forget was a really good player for us, I think we now have a player who will go on to be a greater player than Aymeric, so no regrets. For Cole, the one I think about, I think he will go on to become a top-drawer international. Nevertheless, he wanted something that we were not prepared to give him, and he made his choice, an understandable if disappointing one.

Last edited:
If you think Mahrez was World Class then you are delusional. He frequently went missing and picked which games he would play well in.

Doku will be a FAR better player than him
You really don't know that tbf up to now he looks promising but nothing more.

Mahrez was world class and what you call going missing, well plenty top players stroll about doing fuck all most games then do what is necessary, and win a game like Mahrez did, the only complaint was those penalty misses

Last edited:
If you think Mahrez was World Class then you are delusional. He frequently went missing and picked which games he would play well in.

Doku will be a FAR better player than him
We don’t know whether he will be better than Darren Huckerby yet, he’s been here five minutes.

The absolute disrespect to Mahrez is unbelievable on here.
This. He was quality, his first touch sublime and part of our treble winning team. People quickly forget how he stepped up - along with Grealish - in the dire depths of last winter to keep our PL dreams alive.

This shiny new toy syndrome some fans have about our new players is wearing. Yes - they all look promising - but they’ve barely been here 5 minutes and it’s distasteful to use their good qualities as a stick to beat our older or past players with.

Gundog is the only player I miss from last season, not just for his ability but his attitude his application and just well....he's Mr Whippy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.