Are Gundogan, Laporte, Mahrez and Palmer missed at all?

Gundogan yes. Not one of the current new signings come close to him.

Mahrez. For all the FFS moments. I still think he is ahead of Doku. Doku might be a bit more exiting but he won't get anywhere near the goals Mahrez scored for us. His first touch was the best at the club.

Palmer. Can't really comment as he rarely featured.

Laporte is the only one one I didn't mind leaving. We signed a gem in Akanji and already had the rock Ruben, along with Stones to step in as well.

We are in mini rebuild of sorts.

More detailed explanation that is worth a read below.

This week (with the break), I’ve seen a lot of content about “is city better or worse” and most say worse. But I feel like there is never an acknowledgment of this consistent renewal. Yes, in a perfect world you keep all your favorite players and they never decline. But the reality is people would be pissed if in a few years all our wingers and back line were over 30. You manage through slight dips in form to allow for a more consistent level of excellence long term.

(And also, all the content that says we’re worse, but doesn’t acknowledge the role of injuries. With Stones and Kev fit we likely would be talking about the window a lot differently, as we’d be looking at them as a nice robust bench rather than starters).

At the end of the day, we will be better come the middle of May and that's what matters!

As good as they were, they are part of the past now. When Gundogan and Mahrez joined the club, they were pretty average until Pep coached them and then they became world class like all the players he coaches.

Doku, Gvardiol and Nunes will be unrecognisable if they listen to Pep.

Gundo for sure! He was a key part of the team last season, the others no. We are super reliant on Rodri and need back up!

Gundo replaced by Kovacic , not in the same league
Mahrez replaced by Nunez , not at the moment , the jury is out.
Laporte replaced by Gvardiol , a good alternative
Palmer replaced by Doku , Doku will eventually be the better player

Nunez needs time , Doku is going to be a sensation in a blue shirt , we havent replaced Gundo's and Mahrez's goal output that is the only worry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.