Are Leverkusen the best smaller budget team in the past 15 years?

Bayer Leverkusen deserve respect for this season but they aren't the first club who broke Bayern's stranglehold and they won't be the last.

It also occurs to me. The year Chelsea won their first CL title, (nobody, I trust, needs reminding which year that was), they finished sixth! Can't imagine that that happens too often in other leagues — if ever.

Another Champions League fact that you rarely hear mentioned is that the 1999 final was the first one ever where neither finalist qualified for the tournament as domestic champions.

They will probably win a treble and finish the season undefeated. Absolutely incredible. Bayer Neverkusen became Bayer Winnerkusen.
I knew they were undefeated in the Bundesliga but not all comps.That'd be amazing if they pull that off, should be getting way more attention

I knew they were undefeated in the Bundesliga but not all comps.That'd be amazing if they pull that off, should be getting way more attention
It's remarkable. "Bayer Leverkusen extended their unbeaten run to 42 games in all competitions (W37 D5), last suffering a defeat in May 2023 in their last game of last season away to VfL Bochum (0-3)."

Still plenty of time left for a couple of defeats. This is a big if but it would be a hell of an achievement if they repeat it especially with Alonso sticking around for another seasom
They’ve got Dortmund away, followed by Stuttgart at home and Frankfurt away.

No losses there and they’ll do it. Only 6 games left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.