Are Manchester's bus drivers grumpy?

hilts said:
As a bus driver i can safely say this is total horsehit, if you want happier and more punctual drivers the answers lies much further up the food chain i am afraid, also i can guarantee he doesn't get insults or told to get off the bus, so he is also probably a liar as well

Hahaha, no doubt BTH will be on to defend his honour when someone tells him about your post.

This thread has just livened up.

BigJimLittleJim said:
They're miserable fuckers in Leeds as well, but the ladies who used to drive the smaller buses for a while were proper chirpy compared, but they got pulled.

I'd be fucking pissed off if I had to drive a double decker around a city in traffic all day, and clever ***** were demanding explanations why I was late all the time - it's fucking life you dildo!

get on a pushbike if you don't like it tubbies.

The stupidity of people is beyond belief, your late drive and i don't get the concept that driving a vehicle from a to b in different levels of traffic and passenger numbers plus a whole other variants makes it quite silly to expect your 192 to arrive at 0835 every morning, but let's discuss it in detail and thus make the service even more unreliable

Well done indeed

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Being polite costs fuck all.

No, but it pays fuck all too.
Bus drivers are paid a pittance to put up with drunks, drug addicts and old folk who take six months to board the fucking bus.
I would hardly be a paragon of good humour in their position,
They get paid to get you where you are going in one piece, not do a stand-up audition for the fucking Comedy Store.

hilts said:

Too true and this works both ways but drivers tend to be quiet/grumpy for a reason
They get shit off passengers true, but its customer service. I get people on the phone shouting at me or generally talking to me like I'm a piece if shit when someone else has fucked up, or whatever. I have to stay professional and not rise to anything or else risking a customer request to speak to my manager. I'm usually calm in these situations, then when the call ends I'll lean over to a colleague, and say what a rude **** I've just had on the phone.

Buses = Vessels of misery. The driver is the gatekeeper. Their miserable faces are a warning to us all to work harder or ride on their waves of hopelessness.

dronefromsector7g said:
hilts said:

Too true and this works both ways but drivers tend to be quiet/grumpy for a reason
They get shit off passengers true, but its customer service. I get people on the phone shouting at me or generally talking to me like I'm a piece if shit when someone else has fucked up, or whatever. I have to stay professional and not rise to anything or else risking a customer request to speak to my manager. I'm usually calm in these situations, then when the call ends I'll lean over to a colleague, and say what a rude **** I've just had on the phone.

Yes, but when you put the fucking phone down you don't have to drive three tons of steel through rush hour traffic, whilst picking up a random selection of utter fucking idiots for the duration of your shift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.