Are Manchester's bus drivers grumpy?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Being polite costs fuck all.

No, but it pays fuck all too.
Bus drivers are paid a pittance to put up with drunks, drug addicts and old folk who take six months to board the fucking bus.
I would hardly be a paragon of good humour in their position,
They get paid to get you where you are going in one piece, not do a stand-up audition for the fucking Comedy Store.
We all have to deal with unfortunate people in the course of our working day.

alfabianchi said:
Buses = Vessels of misery. The driver is the gatekeeper. Their miserable faces are a warning to us all to work harder or ride on their waves of hopelessness.

That's seriously beautiful mate :)

When I think back to the atrocities I was involved in on the buses in my youth I cringe - the fucking, fighting and everything else must have been truly awful for the drivers - they deserve a big fucking pay rise, not being forced to be cheerful when everyone else is abusing the crap out of them.

Bus drivers are paid a pittance to put up with drunks, drug addicts and old folk who take six months to board the fucking bus.
They get paid to get you where you are going in one piece, not do a stand-up audition for the fucking Comedy Store.

I have to deal with them on a daily basis on here too, which goes some way to explain why I spend six months per annum on the naughty step.

dronefromsector7g said:
hilts said:

Too true and this works both ways but drivers tend to be quiet/grumpy for a reason
They get shit off passengers true, but its customer service. I get people on the phone shouting at me or generally talking to me like I'm a piece if shit when someone else has fucked up, or whatever. I have to stay professional and not rise to anything or else risking a customer request to speak to my manager. I'm usually calm in these situations, then when the call ends I'll lean over to a colleague, and say what a rude **** I've just had on the phone.

Slightly different over the phone i have done it, one of the ways to do the job is to shut off completely, i don't but plenty do, being remote can be deemed grumpy no doubt but it is also effective

If a certain occupation has a higher than normal perceived percentage of miserable employees than the normal then it is safe to assume that it is the conditions of the job that leads to it

Unless you think bus companies actively seek out Victor Meldrews for the sheer hell of it

I have to deal with them on a daily basis on here too, which goes some way to explain why I spend six months per annum on the naughty step.

Grumpy fucker!!

billfromthehill said:
And they should be able to change a tenner don't you agree.?

twenty pound float first 3 passengers get on with a note and there is your answer my friend<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:46 pm --<br /><br />

And what do you do for a living?

hilts said:
billfromthehill said:

twenty pound float first 3 passengers get on with a note and there is your answer my friend

-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:46 pm --

That's Bluemoon's best kept secret.

Lets just say I come into contact with all manner of man!

hilts said:
billfromthehill said:

twenty pound float first 3 passengers get on with a note and there is your answer my friend

Rent boy?

dronefromsector7g said:
hilts said:

Rent boy?

We call them gigolos in Cheshire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.