Are Manchester's bus drivers grumpy?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
hilts said:
billfromthehill said:
And they should be able to change a tenner don't you agree.?

twenty pound float first 3 passengers get on with a note and there is your answer my friend

-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:46 pm --

We all have to deal with unfortunate people in the course of our working day.

And what do you do for a living?
That's Bluemoon's best kept secret.

Lets just say I come into contact with all manner of man!

You never told me you were a rent boy?
I mean Ric pays a decent remuneration to his celebrity posters - do you really need to supplement your income further by mixing body fluids with the lower orders?

hilts said:
billfromthehill said:

twenty pound float first 3 passengers get on with a note and there is your answer my friend

Proctologist?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
hilts said:

You never told me you were a rent boy?
I mean Ric pays a decent remuneration to his celebrity posters - do you really need to supplement your income further by mixing body fluids with the lower orders?
I like living on the edge.

hilts said:
billfromthehill said:

Unfortunately if one is not willing to state their own occupation they shouldn't give views on others, for all i know you could measure snow in the arctic

hilts said:
Unfortunately if one is not willing to state their own occupation they shouldn't give views on others, for all i know you could measure snow in the arctic
I've just had a look at the CoC and I couldn't find any reference to this preposterous rule that you have just cited.

Everyone's entitled to reveal as much about themselves to an internet forum as they feel comfortable without it militating against their right to hold an opinion.

Please and thank you get you a long way in this world and that applies to bus drivers as much as it does snow measurers.

hilts said:
I've just had a look at the CoC and I couldn't find any reference to this preposterous rule that you have just cited.

Everyone's entitled to reveal as much about themselves to an internet forum as they feel comfortable without it militating against their right to hold an opinion.

Please and thank you get you a long way in this world and that applies to bus drivers as much as it does snow measurers.

I think it is a very good rule, i am not defending bad bus drivers just saying there are pretty valid reasons why they act the way they do, as a rule the less you say the less bother you get into, it is a shame but we are restricted in what we can do

I personally say hello or thanks to everyone who get's on my bus, my record so far of people who have ignored me is 23 on the trot(i actually counted), some drivers just give up trying

I could write a book on the sheer stupidity and general levels of selfishness from the general public, the fact we deal with thousands a week will have an effect not to mention the other pressures of the job

hilts said:
hilts said:

I think it is a very good rule, i am not defending bad bus drivers just saying there are pretty valid reasons why they act the way they do, as a rule the less you say the less bother you get into, it is a shame but we are restricted in what we can do

I personally say hello or thanks to everyone who get's on my bus, my record so far of people who have ignored me is 23 on the trot(i actually counted), some drivers just give up trying

I could write a book on the sheer stupidity and general levels of selfishness from the general public, the fact we deal with thousands a week will have an effect not to mention the other pressures of the job

Which company do you work for hilts?
My brother in law works for First.

hilts said:
hilts said:

The rule I was referring to was your claim that I'm not allowed to express an opinion unless I reveal my occupation.

Whenever I get the bus (occasionally) or the tram (frequently) I always thank the conductor or driver when I get off. I do the same when I get off the train if I walk past the conductor on the platform. The same goes when I leave a restaurant, nightclub or pub. Without fail. Even if I've had a shit day. People who work in the service sector deserve respect, but it cuts both ways.

I'm not saying all bus drivers are rude. In my experience most aren't, but there's been times when my good manners have not been reciprocated by a bus driver which is totally unnecessary and out of order. My point was, is, that good manners cost nothing and go a long way in this world.

As I said, good manners cost fuck all.

Grolsch30 said:
hilts said:

Which company do you work for hilts?
My brother in law works for First.

I am not supposed to discuss the company i work for on social media sites so all i can say is that it begins with S and ends with tagecoach<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:31 pm --<br /><br />
hilts said:

The rule I was referring to was your claim that I'm not allowed to express an opinion unless I reveal my occupation.

Whenever I get the bus (occasionally) or the tram (frequently) I always thank the conductor or driver when I get off. I do the same when I get off the train if I walk past the conductor on the platform. The same goes when I leave a restaurant, nightclub or pub. Without fail. Even if I've had a shit day. People who work in the service sector deserve respect, but it cuts both ways.

I'm not saying all bus drivers are rude. In my experience most aren't, but there's been times when my good manners have not been reciprocated by a bus driver which is totally unnecessary and out of order. My point was, is, that good manners cost nothing and go a long way in this world.

As I said, good manners cost fuck all.

If you have been a decent passenger which i would imagine you would be and you thank a bus driver and he ignores you then you have my permission to call him a wanker, if everyone acted accordingly my job would go from bearable to actually enjoyable

Some are twats, some are alright. Just with any job. Although judging by some of the people i've had the misfortune to have to share a bus with , I'm surprised there not all grumpy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.