Are there any bluemooners on here that foĺlow England?

used to follow England home and and will be in Germany for the Serbia game but don’t normally do tickets if I’m being honest .

That is a shame. My own experiences abroad with England fans is that club loyalties are put to one side. I've even been in the company of a large group of Millwall and West Ham in GelsenKirchen in 2006 for a quite a few pre match drinks and it was an afternoon to remember for the right reasons. I cant go with your assertion they all want to see City vapourised, simply not true in my experiences.
I remember drinking with a lot Chelsea lads in Munich in 2001 when spurs attacked the pub we where in and tbh they got levelled so some rivalries never go away though most are normally ok .

I went to Amsterdam to watch England in the early 00’s. It was absolute carnage and I vowed never to go away to watch England again. Had a great day drinking with the Dutch with no bother and it quickly changed when England lads turned up fighting each other. Shame but never again for me

I wonder if there’s a direct correlation between supporting a top side ( one that’s probably better than most international sides ) and not giving a fuck about international football?

United fans used to boast about how United would batter England if they played and would sing ‘Argentina’ at games, when the rest of the country was hating on them after the ‘98 World Cup.

And now it seems, if Bluemoon is representative at least, that City fans are queuing up to be the fan who gives the least fucks about England.

There was a time when it would be cause for great pride and celebration if a City player got an England cap. Now a lot of people seem to have resentment that they’re playing for their country and want nothing more than them to come back un-injured.

Is it simply a case that City fans don’t need international football anymore because they can watch the best players in the world every week? Or is there more to it than that?
I don’t think bluemoon is that representative when it comes to England to be honest. I think that because when England play, town is absolutely rammed full of city and United fans supporting England, especially in the bigger games. Much more than any big league game from what I’ve seen.

I also know quite a few city fans that follow England in major tournaments. City fans in general used to be city and England fans, maybe that has changed a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.