Are there any bluemooners on here that foĺlow England?

United fans used to boast about how United would batter England if they played and would sing ‘Argentina’ at games, when the rest of the country was hating on them after the ‘98 World Cup.
Rags disliked England and chanted Argentina because of the way the media and England fans reacted to Beckham being sent off v the Argies (effigies being burned in the east end) and subsequant booing of any United player playing for England at Wembley by cockney wankers, especially the likes of Phil Neville and Butt

giphy.gif
When I see gifs being used before I can`t help to think it`s a bit unauthentic.

I wonder if there’s a direct correlation between supporting a top side ( one that’s probably better than most international sides ) and not giving a fuck about international football?

United fans used to boast about how United would batter England if they played and would sing ‘Argentina’ at games, when the rest of the country was hating on them after the ‘98 World Cup.

And now it seems, if Bluemoon is representative at least, that City fans are queuing up to be the fan who gives the least fucks about England.

There was a time when it would be cause for great pride and celebration if a City player got an England cap. Now a lot of people seem to have resentment that they’re playing for their country and want nothing more than them to come back un-injured.

Is it simply a case that City fans don’t need international football anymore because they can watch the best players in the world every week? Or is there more to it than that?
I love the World Cup. I used to really like the Euros before it expanded to 24 teams. There are a great many things I like about international football, but the England national team is certainly not one of them. It's not apathy either. It's now a total dislike for them. I hate the FA. I despise Southgate, a useless yes-man patsy. I can't stand England fans, the majority of whom want to see City vapourised. I detest the media classes in this country for the same reason. Too much water has run under the bridge now for me to link arms with these cunts. After these past few years, am I really expected to join up with Oliver Holt, Matthew Syed, Jonathan Liew and Barney Ronay? Fuck that, and fuck those oxygen thieves too. City first, and City only. And anyone who beats England is ok in my book.

Last edited:
I'm after some info on ticketing. Is it likely that I'd qualify for tickets for Euro 2028 if I was to start going to games now?

I used to attend home and away in the early to mid 2000's and you'd get caps (which were loyalty points). 1 for a home game and 2 for an away game and the caps used to reset so you'd only be able to carry over what caps you'd earned from the previous 2 year campaign.

Is this still the case?

Wondering whether I'd qualify if I was to go to all the home games and a few away games over the next 4 years.
There is a decent chance, particularly with the home nations games adding to more caps (loyalty points) on which the FA tot up.

The more caps, the better the chance. If you can get to some obscure away games that no one fancies, this will bump you up the caps ladder in the end.

My son and I started going to the games since 2024 ( and not all of them either). We have tickets for all group games for England and travel a week on Sunday to the Euros .

There is a decent chance, particularly with the home nations games adding to more caps (loyalty points) on which the FA tot up.

The more caps, the better the chance. If you can get to some obscure away games that no one fancies, this will bump you up the caps ladder in the end.

My son and I started going to the games since 2024 ( and not all of them either). We have tickets for all group games for England and travel a week on Sunday to the Euros .
Thanks for the info mate. Hope you and your lad have a great time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.