Are there any bona fide world class players in a bottom 10 PL team right now?

SambaStyle

For example, Liverpool took Mane and Van Dijk from Southampton.

Anyone of their ilk?

Ivan Toney probably doesn't make the grade, Paqueta, Olise also good, but not there. I'd say no.

Don't know if he's world class but Pedro Neto at Wolves will probably end up at a CL club quite soon.

There's quality throughout the whole league to be honest. Especially when you compare it to the 90s when all the good players were at two or three clubs and the rest of the teams were full of dross. Obviously there's still some substandard players particularly at the promoted clubs but the overall level is a lot higher than it used to be.

For example, Liverpool took Mane and Van Dijk from Southampton.

Anyone of their ilk?

Ivan Toney probably doesn't make the grade, Paqueta, Olise also good, but not there. I'd say no.

We’re not bottom 10 thankyou very much!

But if we was then … Paqueta certainly, Bowen has been brilliant for a long time and also think a lot of people will be talking about Kudos very soon.

I cringe every time I hear the term "world class". I've done so ever since I saw a letter on Ceefax Sport from a Charlton fan claiming Paul Koncheski is world class....

Is there a definite number of exactly how many players can be deemed as being "world class"?

I'd have thought there could only be one player for each position.
For example you can't have 3 world class keepers because one of them has to be number 1, therefore a class above the other 2.
Although any keeper can make a world class save, that doesn't make them world class.

So in answer to the OP's question....... I'd say definitely no.

I cringe every time I hear the term "world class". I've done so ever since I saw a letter on Ceefax Sport from a Charlton fan claiming Paul Koncheski is world class....

Is there a definite number of exactly how many players can be deemed as being "world class"?

I'd have thought there could only be one player for each position.
For example you can't have 3 world class keepers because one of them has to be number 1, therefore a class above the other 2.
Although any keeper can make a world class save, that doesn't make them world class.

So in answer to the OP's question....... I'd say definitely no.

It’s almost as tedious and meaningful as which clubs are “big”

People generally first decide who they’d like to fit the description and then go about building an argument that supports it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.