Are there any bona fide world class players in a bottom 10 PL team right now?

Hardly anyone watches the Copa America over here.

well, he has 'done something' at the world stage and shines for Brazil on a regular basis - so not sure what more you need.

that aside, I was asking what more when it comes to his abilities as a player does he need to do before being considered World Class. Perhaps if he played for City (which he was/is close too) suddenly many will see what a ridiculously class player he is.
Similar to Arsenal fans that thought was Rice was 'overrated' and 'shit' and now all of a sudden worship him.

well, he has 'done something' at the world stage and shines for Brazil on a regular basis - so not sure what more you need.

that aside, I was asking what more when it comes to his abilities as a player does he need to do before being considered World Class. Perhaps if he played for City (which he was/is close too) suddenly many will see what a ridiculously class player he is.
Similar to Arsenal fans that thought was Rice was 'overrated' and 'shit' and now all of a sudden worship him.
Certainly exposure in the Champions League latter stages would help.

Having said all of this, it‘s a subjective definition, one you can debate until the cows come home.

For whatever reason, the Copa America is seen similarly to the African Cup of Nations. Loads of low scoring games with shithousery in them, that hardly anyone watches.

Not even close but it depends on your definition of World Class.

You've got to be in the top 3 or 4 in the world in your position in my opinion.

You have had to of reached the top of your profession on a number of occasions to be true world class which means winning the League.. Champions League or World Cup.. World Class is bandied about far too easily in modern football these days and is a level not a performance.
Not been that many true world class players in this League last 20 years.

The standard of Latin on here has gone right downhill lately.
Homer: “I never passed Remedial Science 1A.”
Marge: “And you’re a nuclear technician?”
Homer: “Marge! Ix-nay on the uclear-nay echnician-tay.”
Marge: “What did you say?”
Homer: “I dunno. I flunked Latin, too.”

You have had to of reached the top of your profession on a number of occasions to be true world class which means winning the League.. Champions League or World Cup.. World Class is bandied about far too easily in modern football these days and is a level not a performance.
Alvarez then

Last edited:

So if Haaland just played for Molde forever and Norway never won anything he isn’t a world class footballer, despite being the exactly same player ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.