Are these cars illegally parked..

Driving on the pavement, just like cycling on the pavement, is illegal, so unless these cars were lowered there from a helicopter the drivers should be punished for that crime.

Never used to even blink an eye about this kind of thing until we had the little one. Extremely frustrating having to take your child into the road in their pram just to go around a car parked on a pavement. Appreciate some of these drivers think they are being considerate, leaving room for other drivers to get through, but I assure you a pram can scrape your car just as much as another car can ding your mirror.

Appreciate why people do it, just in that photo you can see a bus uses that road too, and just round the corner from us we have two white van drivers who WILL park outside their houses come hell or high water, opposite each other, meaning room in between for small cars only on the road.

And yes, it is illegal., but the local councils are supposed to enforce in problem areas with signs. Technically it is illegal to drive on the pavement and you could attempt a conviction with evidence of someone driving, even to park, on a pavement. Good luck on that, though.

Last edited:
Disagree with this. Yes, strictly speaking, they are illegally parked, but virtually everyone has a car now, and the people who own these have parked that way to allow free movement of traffic on the road, you see it everywhere now, and as long as folk can pass with prams etc; it's not causing any problems.
With the sheer volume of cars owned if they all parked directly on the road, the problems would be exacerbated.
Live and let live etc;

Maybe the drivers need to park as close to their houses as possible.

Many drivers are so fat these days it is hard for them to waddle from their car to the front door.

They r legal if you have the 2ft of tarmac on pavement that's wot it's for

I'd love bringing my mum's wheelchair past your car if you park on the pavement and leave 2 feet of space!
You'd not do it again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.