Are these cars illegally parked..

I'd be hard pressed to see a street that doesn't have cars parked this way (and it does seem to be so that the street can remain two way). There's some f**kers who take the piss and with kids/pushchairs/wheelchairs they want 'stringing up' with a discarded fan belt. God knows what will happen when it becomes illegal - unless petrol gets [even more] extortionately high, there will be a further amount of cars parked on the roads (our children staying at home longer and then getting their own cars...).
Then people get stick for contributing to flooding by paving over their front gardens in order to have a larger drive.
Carmeggadon I tell ya...

Highway Code:

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.
Law GL(GP)A sect 15

Don't think they need to be drunk just daydreaming like this guy.

so although the twonk (who in a car would get done for driving without due care and attention) was not actually looking where he was going and smashed into the back of the car there was no attempt to swap names/numbers/insurance details - oh sorry cyclists don't need insurance do they... silly me...

here's a controversial view - you can't own a car unless you've got a drive to park it on - it's amazing how many problems that would solve ;-)

I always thought it depended on local bye laws, so the police couldn't do you for it but a council officer could. Not only does it make life difficult for people in wheel chairs or pushing prams, over time it also damages the pavement, if someone injures themselves by tripping on the damaged paving stones they can sue the council, which is great for lawyers but not so good for council tax payers.

I think as long as you keep space clear for wheelchairs and prams and don't put 4 wheels on the pavement then that's a fair compromise - and to be honest, do we really want our overlystretched police force or underfunded councils to be wasting good money and resources on this? No we don't.

so although the twonk (who in a car would get done for driving without due care and attention) was not actually looking where he was going and smashed into the back of the car there was no attempt to swap names/numbers/insurance details - oh sorry cyclists don't need insurance do they... silly me...
No, neither do pedestrians, skateboarders, mobility scooter users.. Probably didn't exchange details because they was no damage to the car?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.