Are u happy with the 1-1 or is it the beginning of the end?

oakiecokie said:
Somud said:
Everything considered in this match against Sunderland, do you think 1-1 is satisfying or does this match prove that we are on a downward spiral? Would you have taken the result before the match?
Sorry but for me,we,ve been on a downward spiral since Mancini arrived.Should have started with two front men from the start as their centre halfs looked crap !!!!!
Roll on June and get Jose M. here and bleedin` quickly !!!!!!!!!!!!

absolute dogshit

oakiecokie said:
Sorry but for me,we,ve been on a downward spiral since Mancini arrived.Should have started with two front men from the start as their centre halfs looked crap !!!!!

We've improved league position and points per game. Some downward spiral, hope it continues.

2 up front didn't work when RSC came on, why would it have worked from the start.

oakiecokie said:
Somud said:
Everything considered in this match against Sunderland, do you think 1-1 is satisfying or does this match prove that we are on a downward spiral? Would you have taken the result before the match?

my money (if he's going anywhere) will be on Real Madrid.

- and there are a whole host of reasons for saying this.

however, I can see people are going to be posting this sort of stuff every week... good going. It's just what we need.

^ and yeah, we got a point, but we could have won... 1st half was dreadful, but we got ourselves back into it as others have already pointed out.

A better question is how many points would be satisfactory from 3 consecutive difficult away games ?

Chelsea away (hadn't lost at home)
Sunderland away (only lost 2 at home)
Fulham away (lost 3 at home)

I'd have taken 4 from those games to be honest, well we already have 4, and still a game to play. 7 will be an excellent return.

Looking on the bright side here.

The second half was just about the best we have played over a collective 45 minute period, away from home, this season. The first half was just about the worst.

What was interesting is that, for the first time on our travels, we managed to put the opposition under sustained pressure, play with an upbeat tempo and generally do some things that I thought were beyond us.

The half time transformation reminded me of that game at home to Stoke in the 3rd Division and the manner of the turnaround and the subsequent last gasp equaliser could just be the spur we need to kick on and get that top four place.

Before the start of the game, I'd have been disappointed with a point. Now, despite the missed chances, it feels very different and the manner of how we turned our performance round makes me more happy than anything else.

This could well end up the biggest point gained this season and for a number of seasons before.

Why is everyone over reacting i think we all would of been happy with 4 points from sunderland and chelsea so i think, we should just all calm right down. Top 4 It our to lose

This is the end of the beginning. Good character. Hopefully we'll get a few breaks on the run-in. Certainly didn't get any in front of goal today. Not sure Gordon knew very much about most of those saves.

No not happy with 1-1 and while were not on a downward spiral were struggling against the lower sides and that will be our downfall for 4th spot. Still think finishing 7th is about right in terms of quality of players and our willingness to go for the win with every game. Results like today will be a common occurence unless we start more positive. Chelsea was a great win but if Chelsea had taken their chances in the first half we would lost easily. Today we got lucky again because the mackems failed miserably to make the most of all their possession.

oakiecokie said:
Somud said:

Totally disagree It is clear that unlike Hughes Mancini makes a difference during the game and the players are now understanding what he is doing

oakiecokie said:
Somud said:

What a load of bollox. We are better off in the league & we have more points per game than we had before.

So in what way are we worse off?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.