Are u happy with the 1-1 or is it the beginning of the end?

I think we're going to get relegated this season. 1-1 at Sunderland is not good enough. Championship not Champions League is where we are heading.

A point in the circumstances is decent enough especially when you look at Sunderland's home record. The goal coming when it did will also keep the players confidence relatively high.

Unbeaten in five league games now, 9 points, two wins and three draws. Not sure if that would be good enough to get 4th spot. I will be surprised if it doesn't go down to the final day.

Decent point. Not upset with the resuly. What I am a bit miffed about is that when we ain't got the ball, we just ket them come at us. When we have the ball, they were at us without second's hesitation. Shouldn't we be doing that to them?

Sunderland played well in the 1st half, but we didn't compete with them in he 1st half. 2nd half I was proud of them. Felt like I was watching a top 4 team

We can improve on the 1st half, and we did. I was blaming the break in fixtures for the 1st half performance

Marvin said:
Sunderland played well in the 1st half, but we didn't compete with them in he 1st half. 2nd half I was proud of them. Felt like I was watching a top 4 team

We can improve on the 1st half, and we did. I was blaming the break in fixtures for the 1st half performance

Agreed, but the fixture break is no excuse for that first half, we were lucky that Sunderland couldn't shoot or it might have been worse at h/t, but second half we played well, and should have won it, even Bruce nearly admitted as much.

DD said:
The second half was just about the best we have played over a collective 45 minute period, away from home, this season. The first half was just about the worst.

What was interesting is that, for the first time on our travels, we managed to put the opposition under sustained pressure, play with an upbeat tempo and generally do some things that I thought were beyond us.

The half time transformation reminded me of that game at home to Stoke in the 3rd Division and the manner of the turnaround and the subsequent last gasp equaliser could just be the spur we need to kick on and get that top four place.

Before the start of the game, I'd have been disappointed with a point. Now, despite the missed chances, it feels very different and the manner of how we turned our performance round makes me more happy than anything else.

This could well end up the biggest point gained this season and for a number of seasons before.
This.

too many negative people in here, never happy and expect us to beat every team we play. Second half we did our selves, keeper was man of the match and it was just one of them days. Could of been 4 or 5, stop moaning and bitching.

Somud said:
Everything considered in this match against Sunderland, do you think 1-1 is satisfying or does this match prove that we are on a downward spiral? Would you have taken the result before the match?

ffs i dont beleive the shit i read on here sometimes,beat chelsea were gunna rule the world draw at sunderland an were on the way down,were nowhere near the finished artical and as such were gunna have high points an low points,

oakiecokie said:
Somud said:
Everything considered in this match against Sunderland, do you think 1-1 is satisfying or does this match prove that we are on a downward spiral? Would you have taken the result before the match?
Sorry but for me,we,ve been on a downward spiral since Mancini arrived.Should have started with two front men from the start as their centre halfs looked crap !!!!!
Roll on June and get Jose M. here and bleedin` quickly !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yawn

DD said:
The second half was just about the best we have played over a collective 45 minute period, away from home, this season. The first half was just about the worst.

What was interesting is that, for the first time on our travels, we managed to put the opposition under sustained pressure, play with an upbeat tempo and generally do some things that I thought were beyond us.

The half time transformation reminded me of that game at home to Stoke in the 3rd Division and the manner of the turnaround and the subsequent last gasp equaliser could just be the spur we need to kick on and get that top four place.

Before the start of the game, I'd have been disappointed with a point. Now, despite the missed chances, it feels very different and the manner of how we turned our performance round makes me more happy than anything else.

This could well end up the biggest point gained this season and for a number of seasons before.

Top post 100% agreed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.