Are we all agreed a creative cm is what we need most?

blueplan said:
Mr Partridge said:
Absolutely, our midfield this season has been Vieira, Barry, De Jong and Ireland. How many goals have those 4 players got between them? About 4 or 5 I think. Not good enough.

Spot on - "In search of City's Goals".
Right now our weakest link is midfielders who can't score.

Bellers is probably our only other decent scorer and hes a WINGER (no not whinger,well we know he is but ..)
And lets be honest havn,t we all said that the rags are a "one man team" Didn,t seem to miss Shrek yesterday !!!!!!!!!
What happens when Carlos is out of the team ????

Lets be realistic here, Gerrard will never ever play for City, it just wont happen. Besides, for someone to prise him away from Liverpool it would cost upwards of 30 million, to get a couple of injury plagued seasons out of him I dont think it would be good value for money.

True_Blue69 said:
Lets be realistic here, Gerrard will never ever play for City, it just wont happen. Besides, for someone to prise him away from Liverpool it would cost upwards of 30 million, to get a couple of injury plagued seasons out of him I dont think it would be good value for money.

i dont think we will go for him but why wouldnt he move? hes got nout left at pool

ayrshire_blue said:
Goals from midfield hard to come by this season. In recent years elano, superman, sir joseph have all chipped in a fair few but this season we've really had to rely on tevez to do the business. Everton have cahill, spuds have a fair few, dippers gerrard, arsenal fabregas, chelski lampard etc, we need the same. Agreed?

Absolutely! I think the centre of our midfield is the weakest area of our team and squad (i also think we are weak in the goalkeeper position and in the fullback areas - but moreso in midfield!)!

I'd go as far to say that we need a more mobile central midfielder and a really good quality attacking/creative midfielder! De Jong is great at what he does but when he has a very immobile Barry next to him and/or the lazy and ineffective Ireland in there as well, it makes De Jong look worse than he actually is as the other two are not quick/fit/fast/strong/good enough to constantly move around to find space to be passed to and when we play against teams with very good midfields (like Everton) we look very poor and limited, we lose the ball easily, attacks break down, De Jong has to pass backwards (watch him for Holland; when he has Sneider, Van der Vaart, Robben etc all moving quickly and similtaneously into space to be passed to he goes forward and finds them - he looks really good!!)

I have been saying this for a long time. Barry and De Jong will be much much better with a different more mobile partner. Together they are, on many occasions too static and 1 dimensional.

Gourcoff and Hamsik are class though. Whether they would make it in the prem or not is a risk I would take.

True_Blue69 said:

I think he would see he would see that he couold actually win the league with us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.