Are we better without Tevez?

K.Reeves right foot said:
I stated this weeks ago and got hammered for even daring to think we are better without him. I used the Van Nistlerooy analogy to illustrate my point. Silva is definetly our most important player going forward and makes the whole team tick. Without him we are stagnant. Tevez indeed plays for himself and will get many goals, but we'll get even more goals from a variety of players when he doesn't play, and not a bad sub to bring on when we are in a winning position eh?!

Was this not the reason he saw his arse at Stretford? Baconface recognised this,hence his lack of starts.

FantasyIreland said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
I stated this weeks ago and got hammered for even daring to think we are better without him. I used the Van Nistlerooy analogy to illustrate my point. Silva is definetly our most important player going forward and makes the whole team tick. Without him we are stagnant. Tevez indeed plays for himself and will get many goals, but we'll get even more goals from a variety of players when he doesn't play, and not a bad sub to bring on when we are in a winning position eh?!

Was this not the reason he saw his arse at Stretford? Baconface recognised this,hence his lack of starts.
Maybe, Tevez is a phenomenal player, if only he could combine his 20 goals a season with the assists he could have done this season to other players we'd be laughing but he never passes. Would hate to see him leave though. It's a pity he can't become both goalscorer and assister then he would be truly remarkable as I believe he has it in him if he could just look up.
[Baconface by the way is just a T**T so anything he does is flawed]

Over the last few, yep. He's turned greedy again, ignoring potentially key passes in favour of dribbling. Sure he'll sort it out. He's got competition now and wants to score all the time. It'll happen, he just needs to stop forcing it. I'm sure the defenders wouldn't stop him as often if there was a bit more uncertainty in their mind as to wether he was going to release the ball.

But I can't agree with the OP, over the season he's been a key figure in our best performances.

nope disagree he might be greedy but what striker isn't?
hes scored many many goals and will carry on scoring plenty
like another poster just said..over the season he's been a key figure in our best performances

no we arent

we played a very weak villa team tonight...and i dont think as an attacking unit we actually played that well (though we didnt have to)

balo took his goal superbly

for the rest of the season it should be balo and tev upfront with silva tucked in behind/roaming around

people are still saying tev is greedy where as the stats clearly show that he has more assists than most other strikers in the prem league

He's not a team player at all and he's starting to piss me off with his greed tbh, but what he is is a match winner and that's something we really don't have when he's out of the side. You'd think we'd be stupid to suggest leaving him out of the side, but I really would like to see Dzeko, Balotelli and Silva all working together.

Stillsy said:
Right before anyone says he's our most important player, no he isnt David Silva is by a country mile.

I am saying this now because the 2 most impressive performance's for me have come against Villa at home were we have won 4-0 and 3-0 and he hasnt started either.

I dont know if its just me but i think we look a better side overall when he doesnt play.

and david silva is about as clinical as jo so no he isnt our most important player cos he doesnt deliver at crucial times a la the derby, he's just a very pretty player.

I don't think we're better without Tevez but I do think we're better with just 1 up front (be that Tevez, Balotelli or Dzeko) which usually allows us to control games with the extra body in midfield.

Our recent spell of poorer performances/results seems to have started right about the time we tried playing with 2 or 3 up front.

PhuketBlue said:
I don't think we're better without Tevez but I do think we're better with just 1 up front (be that Tevez, Balotelli or Dzeko) which usually allows us to control games with the extra body in midfield.

Our recent spell of poorer performances/results seems to have started right about the time we tried playing with 2 or 3 up front.

tev and balo work well together.

i think the performances have been hampered by trying to fit dzeko into our system and it doesnnt really work as well as having wither just the single striker or tev and balo upfront

im not slagging dzeko off...i think he is a decent enough player but with the players and system we have at present we are better off with balo and tev

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.