Are we clearly suffering from a lack of striker this season? Have midtable sides figured us out?

We’ve just taken 37 points from 39 available in the last 13 games, we’re ahead of every club in the strongest league in world football by at least a certain 6 points and possibly 9, and people take this thread seriously?

do we need a forward maybe, but if some of our players keep up with the wingers and go into the pen area maybe we might have scored more goals,
a few games this year we have broke and maybe 1 other player is going with the player with the ball, if a few went with the player again we could have scored more goals, i know i will get shit for this but when liverpool go forward there are quite a few players what go with the break and have more chances to score

doing it once can be luck but doing it twice the same way creates a blue print other coaches can take a closer look at. watch how the coaches adapt in the second part of the season. but for your information spurs and palace also used very similar tactics but not as well executed as southampton.
Soton away was a totally different game to the home one. We pummelled them away, hit the woodwork twice, missed sitters and looked fairly fluid. The Spurs game we were unfit and had half a team out anyhow.

Every time we have a mini blip ie not winning for say two whole games, all the usual media claptrap is churned out announcing Pep’s been found out, we can’t win things without a striker etc etc.

We’ve been winning games all season with the current set up and we’ll continue to do so notwithstanding the odd hiccup. Keep the faith.

You might expect Liam Delap to go out on loan to get experience but looks like he's staying. That would suggest City see him having a role in or around the 1st team. Having seen briefly the quality of Mcatee and Palmer, then why couldn't we find the quality players we need under our own nose?

this is the exactly correct spot on response that no one here seems to understand. I the tight and tough games we no longer have the consistent clear cut chance creation because there is no focal point and if by some miracle we get into that position we mess it up like sterling did in the last game. this is why the final stages of the league and the CL are going to be difficult for us as the lack of striker makes our result a 50/50 chance even though we are completely dominating the game in a possession sense.

just having a option to change things is worth having a striker for plus like you said teams are start to work pep out ?
the one big flashing light for me is when we go one down ? it adds pressure to the so called forwards playing in a false 9. they are under the spot light to score that goal ( the game changer) just like sterling did at the weekend hits the keeper when he was on his arse why ?? its because its not his natural game to score goals in his sleep

the market is open there is 2 good strikers looking for a bigger club ? maybe city and pep should just go and get one and have the joker card to play its tight games or champions league final

We score a bucket load of goal each season without a forward. The need to change our approach is not urgent.

Plan B is useless if plan A works so well.

I would like us to have the option of a CF in order to change our approach depending on how the game is panning out. The dilemma is thus… do we buy a player like felix who would enable us to continue our current approach and maybe improve upon it. Or do we need to be able to change the game with a battery ram up front. What happens if we buy Haaland for example and the team as a whole function to a lower standard. Don’t fix if its not broken.

It pains me to say it but Felix is the obvious choice over Haaland. Stick or twist?

Kane imo was a mixture of both a false 9 and a CF and why I still believe he would have been a great success.

but you think other teams don't improve and learn how to play us. we can never guarantee city winning every game. sometimes the pressure can get to much on players being asked to be our main goal threat when its not natural to them. you can work and work hard on finishing to make you better. but strikers are born to the role and eat sleep dream smell it they just don't have any fear in missing or they do miss but never let it get to them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.