Are we clearly suffering from a lack of striker this season? Have midtable sides figured us out?

i agree also, there are times you see the miss and think ffs if we had a striker...

sterling is actually one of the last players id like to see with a one on one under pressure.
Under pressure I think Sterling is ok, it’s when he’s got enough to think that his brain fart howlers tend to occur.

Under pressure I think Sterling is ok, it’s when he’s got enough to think that his brain fart howlers tend to occur.

hahahaha that is the issue, couldnt quite put my finger on it... The issue is when he has time to think about it... If he runs on to a ball and hits it first time its making a hole in the net, if he sees the keeper and has 2 or 3 touches he tackles himself !

off the beaten track but one against one, loved tevez / yaya / Edin.. In particular you see some of the yaya clips, if that ball needed smashing in the net then thats where it ended up.

Not many decent in form strikers in premier league at moment, the top scorers table is dominated with midfielders and Vardy and to a lesser extent Antonio have gone off the boil after a great start (Considering Salah, Mane and Ronaldo as midfielders here btw)

Screenshot_20220127_133358.jpg

If anyone thinks conceding 70% posession, scoring from your one and only counter attack shot on target and defending with a low block for 90 minutes and hanging on for grim death in the last 20 minutes hoping we miss the chance after chance we create is "figuring us out", then yes we've been well and truly sussed.
Which is ironically exactly the same type of defeat we have had 2-3 times every season for 5 years and every single time the same cry goes up. "We've been figured out". It's supreme football ignorance. Every manager of every club from Hough End U12s upwards knows EXACTLY how we play. Most of them have tried to copy it for God's Sake.

Figuring us out is easy. It's stopping us that is impossible which is why we are top of the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.