Are we dining at the top table or not?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
AlthamBlue said:
Not a go at you SHB, but 'dining at the top table' is the worst football-related saying on this forum.

Maybe pal,but you must know where I am coming from. We should be signing a replacement mate yet we are not. If one of our 3 gets injured which is quite possible then we are expecting 2 to play 2-3 games per week. I am confused rather than angry mate.

I agree. Apparently Nacho will be Negredo's replacement, work permit permitting. Big ask for the kid.

jrb said:
Don't worry, we'll blow the lot in January or next Summer.

I'm really not fussed about Jan or summer bud. I am worried about now.
This is the season as we all know that is the one. Win it and we go pot 1 (if reports are to be believed)
I just feel like we are puppets to that c**t Platini and Gill and there is fuck all our great club can do about it.
Seen the shit times as we all have but tonight feels a bit like one of those days.
Gonna hit the feather. Had a shit shit day at work with those horrible fucking rag c**ts so think it has gotten to me which is why I dont understand the club for not replacing the beast.It's not like we can't afford it!!!

I got the same treatment from the twats today. They know FFP is a fkn joke but they couldn't care less about anything bar them getting back to where "they belong". They more take the piss that City have pandered to UEFA and will be forever playing catch up now.

Blue Mist said:
First, think of this as a school, just because a spoilt brat gets bought everything by his mummy doesn't make him the cleverest kid in the school. He might have the brightest coloured footy boots on, the newest third Champs League kit (bad example really) and a lovely bag to put them all in but when he gets on the pitch and falls flat on his face everyone laughs at him.

Second, well there isn't a second. We have a settled well balanced squad that has two class players in each position. We do not need to buy pointy eared gollums or south americans with pig testies in his knee just to pretend we are good.

We managed quite well last year with just two strikers for the best part of it.

Apart from our front line after tonight - well 99% certain
20 Goals is a lot to find however we dress it up.

AlthamBlue said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Although our business is professional, it's really underwhelming. Suppose I'd rather have a settled squad though.

We did what we had to do this window. The only disappointment is not replacing Negredo, that could come back to bite us if Sergio or Stevan get injured.

Come on we've got Edin keep the faith blues.

If we had won well against Stoke on Saturday would you still be of the thinking? Don't panic they know what they are doing!

I sit here feeling pretty frustrated. There is no doubt FFP has clipped our wings. I'm convinced that without it, we wouldn't be having to wheel or deal, we would identify our targets and if we had to blow a club out of the water to get our ma we would have done.

I cite the likes of Hazard, Di Maria, kroos, Costa, Falcao, Sanchez of recent signings that would undoubtedly have strengthened our squad. You are really seeing the impact of FFP that we didn't seem close to any of those signings.

That said our signings have been deliberate and well thought through. The rags on the other hand have gone on an unprecedented spree and it looks to me haphazard and a bit desperate.

Di Maria and Falcoa are wonderful players and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like to have seen them at City, however, QPR on a lower level have proven that throwing money and buying names does not mean you will achieve what on paper you should.

The squad remains unbalanced and a player coming in on 300k a week far and above many of the squad can lead to disharmony. You can't put a price on team spirit and cohesion, something that we have built up over 3/4 years.

Disappointed at the moment yes, but time will tell whether this splurge will pay off for the rags.

I think the club are running on a long term basis,bad for old twats like me who want to see more of the same(ie 4/5 trophies in the last 3 years)before I peg out after so many wasted years but have to say great for my lads.

I will be forvever grateful for them taking my club to where I believe we should have been anyway had that useless twat Swales not turned up,we finished second the year I left school.

They have made a decision from a much better standpoint than any of us on here have and I trust them to do the right thing.

Chill out Blues,we will be ok.

This isn't a rant at the club in any shape or form so please bare with me.
I sit at home tonight a little confused about the past 48hrs and our policy for the coming season.
Now don't get me wrong,I am happy with the signings we have made however I feel that we are risking losing a great chance of defending the title by letting Negredo go without a replacement.
Has Financial Fair play really stopped us this window. Not sure of the figures but haven't we still got 20-25 million from the 49 left??

We are supposed to be one of the big boys now but the last 48 hrs have left me a little confused,concerned and hoping we are not shooting ourselves in the foot and in reality just playing along to the fair play tune.

simply down to platini and his agenda (you know, the one that isn't there). he knew players would only pick non CL teams if we couldn't go for them. that will make the non CL teams stronger and he will be hoping they will push us down to 5th. it wont happen but thats his game plan.

OP.
sorry but are you seriously saying you would rather have a last minute joke buy like Robinho or a well thought out and well managed buy like Fernando? .

seriously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.